This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why so much hate for Lucario on the next smash bros?

#1Arcanine2009Posted 5/30/2011 3:03:20 AM(edited)
People keep thinking that he's that flavor of the month/generation, that will be replaced by Zoark/Viciniti, and/or because they don't care about Lucario that much. I could understand that argument for the most part(the former about his possible replacement by gen 5 mascot)--though he has his own unique original moveset and pretty good combatant.

Then there's the people who absolutely hate Lucario for no good reason, and don't want him back. At least half of them are butt hurt Mewtwo fans, who think they stole Mewtwo's spotlight.

^^But here's the thing. Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, but scrapped. And Mewtwo fans from Melee in theory, should like Lucario, because Lucario is somewhat similar(b special, floatiness, fastest and farthest roll), much easier to get used to, and a better/less akward combatant overal(even though arguably the developers didn't do Mewtwo justice in Melee).

this is coming from someone who's favorite character in Melee is Mewtwo and Lucario in Brawl. Personally I want both back, but I think its mind boggling that most people I've seen here--either want Lucario replaced by Mewtwo, or don't care about him enough to be in SSB4.

I wonder if anyone will jump the bandwagon and beg Lucario to be back in SSB5, if he doesn't make it in the 4th one.
---
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4351/20101101143026capture.png
#2Undead SaintPosted 5/30/2011 3:03:54 AM
Because he makes some people feel uncomfortable.
---
Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
What's up with the parentheses in random places?-Gamemaster1212
#3Arcanine2009(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2011 3:17:41 AM(edited)
how? its not like he forces them to watch da powa of the aura!
---
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4351/20101101143026capture.png
#4AvatarOfBaganPosted 5/30/2011 4:27:49 AM
Because we got him instead of Mewtwo (mewtwo's programming is IN brawl, just not finished).

We want mewtwo.

Lucario's moveset is like Mewtwo's.

Lucario is basically a clone.

A clone WITHOUT the origional character in the roster.

How about I remove Fox and Falco and only incude Wolf?

How about I remove Pikachu and include Pichu instead?

how about I remove mario and only include Dr. Mario?

How about I remove marth and only include Roy?

Not so fun anymore now, is it?
---
"Nonsense, Bagan cannot be defeated". - Aliens: Super Godzilla
Kool Frostbyte - XBL gamer tag.
#5pokedude900Posted 5/30/2011 4:29:19 AM
Because we got him instead of Mewtwo (mewtwo's programming is IN brawl, just not finished).

Wrong. There's nothing there but an empty file.
---
"Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"-Albert Einstein; see my quote for discussion of both
#6AvatarOfBaganPosted 5/30/2011 4:34:01 AM
pokedude900 posted...

Wrong. There's nothing there but an empty file.

*shrugs* Rest of my points stand.

Now, I will say that it's fun to play as Lucario, but I'm angry that he's in it, and not mewtwo.
---
#7pokedude900Posted 5/30/2011 4:36:16 AM
He's also not a clone. They have nothing in common except their neutral B.
---
"Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"-Albert Einstein; see my quote for discussion of both
#8AvatarOfBaganPosted 5/30/2011 4:45:17 AM
pokedude900 posted...
He's also not a clone. They have nothing in common except their neutral B.

> B is remarkably similar in function, only Mewtwo's is useful.

Same with ^ B. A No damage quick movement.

You can say he's not a clone all you want, and heck I WILL EVEN SAY YOU ARE RIGHT, but you're not changing my mind.

I want Mewtwo. I dont' care about Lucario.

I don't even care about Lucario in the handheld pokemon games.
---
#9pokedude900Posted 5/30/2011 4:49:15 AM

Mewtwo tosses the opponent on his back, and reflects projectiles (without causing them to hurt the user). Lucario grabs and throws the opponent, or blasts them at mid range. How the heck are those remarkably similar?

Except Mewtwo's is instantaneous, and only moves in one direction, while Lucario's is quite slow by comparison, and can arc its trajectory. Honestly, Zelda's up B is much closer to Mewtwo's than Lucario's is.
---
#10AvatarOfBaganPosted 5/30/2011 5:01:18 AM
pokedude900 posted...

Mewtwo tosses the opponent on his back, and reflects projectiles (without causing them to hurt the user). Lucario grabs and throws the opponent, or blasts them at mid range. How the heck are those remarkably similar?

Except Mewtwo's is instantaneous, and only moves in one direction, while Lucario's is quite slow by comparison, and can arc its trajectory. Honestly, Zelda's up B is much closer to Mewtwo's than Lucario's is.

>B with Mewtwo's ability to reflect projectiles (regardless of the nullification of them) is far more useful instead of a basic throw or a minor blast.

^B K, I agree there.
---