The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smash Bros. Tips, Tricks, Secrets, Hints, Etc. (All skill levels)

#1LordWombatPosted 6/22/2012 7:06:46 PM
Greetings.

I have LOVED the Smash Bros. series since the original. While I am not a "professional" (whatever) I do consider myself quite knowledgeable on the game with over 2000 hours logged and would like to give my fellow gamers a board where they can learn, and ask questions without being harassed or having "I'm better than you" shoved down their throats.

I will post a few tips, secrets, and the like, and what I would like is for you folks add also and make this the definitive board for players of all skill levels.

Now even though I don't want to I should probably post a few rules.

1. I don't care how good you are. I follow the 99.9 rule: even if 99.9% of players know something, .1% doesn't. So please show some respect.

2. Your inclusions may be general, character specific, item specific, stage specific, whatever. BUT... "Meta Knight is overpowered" or "Link sucks" is not a tip. Sorry.

3. I understand this is a highly competitive game, and tempers get hot quick on this board but the past is the PAST. Don't bring your drama here no matter who your beef is with. I dislike a couple people here, but they are more than welcome to post and will not hear 1 thing from me. Basically, again, show some respect.

4. Lastly, same rule as #1 but definitely worth saying twice. Whether you're a grandmaster tournament champion who memorized the frame counts for every character's every move, or some 12 year old who got the game last week and never even heard of frame counts, feel free to add. Even if its only "air dodges also catch thrown items". If that sounds like common knowledge you're right, but refer to the 99.9 rule.

So now I'm going to post a couple things to get the ball rolling. Let's see...

1. On the bridge of elden stage, as Jigglypuff, use your final smash swell up move in the gap in the "blown up" bridge just after the portal to repair the bridge appears for some... "Interesting" results.

2. With snake, hold B to pull out and hold a grenade. Now if you hit shield, or dodge roll, you will drop the grenade at your feet. Useful if items are on or if you can drop it directly on top of a mine you planted (down A).

3. With Pit, his arrows are controllable, (obviously), but to the point that on the right stage you can have multiple arrows circling the stage. Not very useful, but cool nonetheless.

4. Home run bats are MORE devastating (opinion) when thrown than with the smash attack. Sure the smash is usually a OHKO but it takes time to charge, where the throwing animation is WAY quicker and almost as strong.

So please start at 5 and even though my starter tips aren't that great, it provides examples, and I'm sure WAY better tips are soon to come, from myself included. I just wanted to get this posted.

OK GameFaqs community, what are your tips?
---
PSN Lord_Wombat
Not changing this sig until marijuana is legal in the U.S.A. (If for no better reason than potheads would have F****** NOTHING to talk about)
#2pokedude900Posted 6/22/2012 7:11:41 PM(edited)
The B button is for special attacks.

The control stick moves your character.

The Start button pauses the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/rbBq9.jpg
Come to the board in my quote for math discussion and pretty much anything else.
#3N64killerPosted 6/22/2012 7:18:01 PM
Is this just for brawl or all 3 games?
but anyway...
5.R.O.B's B move can be aim up so it can bounce off the roof and floors of a stage
---
---
The dry boney that is Randy enough to punt kick someone. (Been here for a month)
#4LordWombat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2012 7:29:26 PM
N64killer posted...
Is this just for brawl or all 3 games?
but anyway...
5.R.O.B's B move can be aim up so it can bounce off the roof and floors of a stage
---

*ignores pokedude*

I would like to say all 3, but this IS a brawl board and I expect most people to be looking for brawl tips. Nice tip BTW that's exactly what I would like to see.

6. Peach's umbrella (up B) can be put away with the down button and redeployed with the up button (Maybe up B but I doubt it). This can be used to play hell with peoples minds when returning to the stage.
---
PSN Lord_Wombat
Not changing this sig until marijuana is legal in the U.S.A. (If for no better reason than potheads would have F****** NOTHING to talk about)
#5ViviffTheMobilePosted 6/22/2012 7:34:02 PM
Realtalk: Link sucks.
---
Viviff on the go! (or from the toilet)
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/board8/images/8/8b/ViviffChampS1.jpg
#6pokedude900Posted 6/22/2012 7:36:11 PM
*ignores pokedude*

Well that's not very nice. You went out of your way to emphasize that anything can be a tip, no matter how obvious. Someone who's picking up a game controller for the first time wouldn't know this stuff, right?
---
http://i.imgur.com/rbBq9.jpg
Come to the board in my quote for math discussion and pretty much anything else.
#7BlackG0ldPosted 6/22/2012 7:39:41 PM
7. Grabs and throws are very important. Use the Z button to grab, then press a direction on the analog stick to throw in the direction you pressed.
---
[2:17:08 PM] BlackGold: Will I get free everything if I come?
[2:17:17 PM] Ghirahim: No you have to pay because you're Jewish http://youtube.com/blackgoldsmash
#8ShyGuySayPosted 6/22/2012 7:46:42 PM(edited)
pokedude900 posted...
The B button is for special attacks.

The control stick moves your character.

The Start button pauses the game.

Wow.

I think that added a whole new level of play to this. Are you SURE start pauses? I thought it was just to look fancy...

8. Falco's side-b is also a meteor smash. doubt that there are many who don't know, but whatever.

9. Captain Falcon looks good in pink.
---
Brawl FC: 2192-6392-6672
MH3: mike HR: 200+ ID: H8WUTR
#9BlackG0ldPosted 6/22/2012 7:41:10 PM
ShyGuySay posted...
6. Captain Falcon looks good in pink.

This is the only tip anyone needs to know. End the topic now
---
[2:17:08 PM] BlackGold: Will I get free everything if I come?
[2:17:17 PM] Ghirahim: No you have to pay because you're Jewish http://youtube.com/blackgoldsmash
#10LordWombat(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2012 8:33:46 PM
pokedude900 posted...
*ignores pokedude*

Well that's not very nice. You went out of your way to emphasize that anything can be a tip, no matter how obvious. Someone who's picking up a game controller for the first time wouldn't know this stuff, right?

Wasn't meant to be rude but its quite obvious it was a smarta** comment not a tip. And yes, I think most would.
---
PSN Lord_Wombat