This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How strong is Luigi exactly?

#31MasonTheGamerPosted 8/25/2012 2:38:08 PM
Did you listen to Lugi's tales in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door? In my opinion, his adventure would be much more fun than Mario's. It was more epic-sounding, and he destroyed his final boss right away. Mario had to do that with his pals, and not in one-hit. At least from what I remember of the game.
---
Brawl FC: 3010-4991-8350
#32pokedude900Posted 8/25/2012 2:41:00 PM
^To be fair, Luigi's partners confirmed that he exaggerated some of his stories.
---
http://i.imgur.com/rbBq9.jpg
Come to the board in my quote for math discussion and pretty much anything else.
#33NickLOLZPosted 8/25/2012 2:47:43 PM
The_Limit posted...
Adamalik posted...
Luigi has a hotter wife.

NOPE

Heh,heh and yet mario saved HER and Luigi never saved her!
---
Were Made in JAPAN
(dances)
#34Undead SaintPosted 8/25/2012 6:47:25 PM
Falcon_Pawnch75 posted...
Depends if he's facing left or right.

(this)
---
Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
What's up with the parentheses in random places?-Gamemaster1212
#35larkinsterPosted 8/26/2012 8:40:18 AM
MasonTheGamer posted...
Did you listen to Lugi's tales in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door? In my opinion, his adventure would be much more fun than Mario's. It was more epic-sounding, and he destroyed his final boss right away. Mario had to do that with his pals, and not in one-hit. At least from what I remember of the game.

Mario was saving the ENTIRE world against some ancient evil. I think that trumps Luigi's misadventures in Waffle Land.
---
Levelling a Mage is like being Irish, you fight then you drink then you fight then you drink, and then you drink some more.
#36AlphrinPosted 8/29/2012 5:48:31 AM
In most games where the two control differently, Luigi jumps higher while Mario is stronger and/or easier to control.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#37pokedude900Posted 8/29/2012 5:56:46 AM
The only time Mario was ever stronger was Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA). And we all know that was for the sake of game balance tied with it being a retexturing of another game. The game also had Toad being stronger than Mario.
---
http://i.imgur.com/rbBq9.jpg
Come to the board in my quote for math discussion and pretty much anything else.
#38slingshot1shotPosted 8/29/2012 6:08:23 AM
Level 9 CPU - Mario
Level 9 CPU - Luigi

I know this isn't an accurate way of finding out who is stronger but I'll bet you Luigi wins.

Stocked, not timed. (Shaken, not stirred)
#39AlphrinPosted 8/29/2012 7:46:23 AM
pokedude900 posted...
The only time Mario was ever stronger was Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA). And we all know that was for the sake of game balance tied with it being a retexturing of another game. The game also had Toad being stronger than Mario.

Doesn't Mario have higher power in the M&L games? It always seemed that way to me.

Also, the Mario Wiki has character stats listed for SM64DS, and shows Mario as being stronger than Luigi, although I'm not sure how that translates into the game.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#40_ClintonPosted 8/29/2012 2:17:15 PM
Alphrin posted...
pokedude900 posted...

Doesn't Mario have higher power in the M&L games? It always seemed that way to me.

Also, the Mario Wiki has character stats listed for SM64DS, and shows Mario as being stronger than Luigi, although I'm not sure how that translates into the game.

Mario is faster and stronger than Luigi in the M&L games. As for SM64DS, Mario throws things further, and takes less time to lift a large foe compared to Luigi.