This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Peach or Kirby???

#1PrincessTiffPosted 10/1/2012 12:45:47 PM
I'm not very good at this game, but I have a lot of time on my hands so I thought I might try and get good at it :) I like Peach and Kirby so I want to be one of them, but out of those 2 which is the better character to use???

#2pokedude900Posted 10/1/2012 12:49:03 PM
Don't pick based on who's better. Pick the one you like more, or the one that feels better for you. And I assure you that there is no "better" until you're a high level player going up against other high level players. That will never happen unless you're specifically aiming for it, so don't worry about it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/rbBq9.jpg
Come to the board in my quote for math discussion and pretty much anything else.
#3PrismsbladePosted 10/1/2012 1:19:41 PM
Whats preventing you from using both? I jump between like half the roster depending on my mood.

Though its kinda hard to KO with peach, so 2 min brawls online will be hard due to time constraints, and other players stealing your kills.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#4MachDragonPosted 10/1/2012 1:50:37 PM
PrincessTiff posted...
I'm not very good at this game, but I have a lot of time on my hands so I thought I might try and get good at it :) I like Peach and Kirby so I want to be one of them, but out of those 2 which is the better character to use???

pokedude900 posted...
Don't pick based on who's better. Pick the one you like more, or the one that feels better for you. And I assure you that there is no "better" until you're a high level player going up against other high level players. That will never happen unless you're specifically aiming for it, so don't worry about it.

TC specifically wants to get better at the game. We don't know how much better he wants to get, nor do we know how much time he has on his hands. Essentially you responded by telling him to enjoy the game for how it was meant to be played. You fail to answer his question - who's the better character for getting better at the game?
#5pokedude900Posted 10/1/2012 1:52:44 PM(edited)
I did answer her. There is no better character. You can get good with any character. It's not until you're already an expert fighting against other experts that a better exists.
---
http://i.imgur.com/rbBq9.jpg
Come to the board in my quote for math discussion and pretty much anything else.
#6PrismsbladePosted 10/1/2012 2:08:46 PM
MachDragon posted...
PrincessTiff posted...

pokedude900 posted...

TC specifically wants to get better at the game. We don't know how much better he wants to get, nor do we know how much time he has on his hands. Essentially you responded by telling him to enjoy the game for how it was meant to be played. You fail to answer his question - who's the better character for getting better at the game?

It doesnt take long for anyone to learn this game at all regardless of how little time someone has on their hands. Once you grasp the basic concept of the controls, and your characters playstlye, you can pick up, and play anyone in one sitting. The rest comes from simply playing.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#7mogar002Posted 10/1/2012 2:25:32 PM
It doesn't matter who you pick. You're still at the level where you can't decide who to pick. What character you pick doesn't matter until the expert level, that's when the difference in characters becomes crucial. When I play online as Ganondorf I have no problem killing Metaknight and Diddy users, but against an expert it wouldn't be the case. Just pick who you have fun playing as until you want to play as an expert (at that point don't pick Kirby or Peach >.>)
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#8GuyWhoGamesPosted 10/1/2012 5:54:41 PM
Peach is a joke
---
EarthBound should be rereleased on a Next-Gen system. Agrees: 54
PM me if you agree with this sig
#9helldewPosted 10/1/2012 7:29:27 PM
Peach is a joke

no she isnt at all. Peach is a scary character to fight and she can easily KO players. she is pretty hard to master but ive personally ran into a excellent peach before and peach is definitly no slouch.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#10kirbymastahPosted 10/2/2012 2:40:29 PM
pokedude900 posted...

Pretty much this.

Though the tier list does exist, and yes, characters are better than other characters, ultimately it comes down to who do you prefer and who are you more comfortable with. Plus, as pokedude said, the tier list doesn't really matter unless you really plan on playing on a competitive level.

(is proud to be a kirby/ness main in brawl... last time I played. like 4 years ago.)