This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Odd player behaviour in WiFi.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  3. Odd player behaviour in WiFi.
3 years ago#1
^Topic. What's with the constant barrage of players who behave in such... odd manners. Now, I don't claim to be any sort of expert with this game, but I'm talking about all the ones that just join a match, then either stand there, or immediately run off the edge. Repeatedly, match after match. They aren't just playing defensively, which I could understand and approve of, but they aren't idling out either. If they are attacked, they just get hit, take no action to recover from edge, take no action to get up, it's like there's no one playing. And they take the FULL amount of time to close results screen, choose character, stage, etc... Forcing all these matches to take even longer to start and play.

Is there some sort of reason or logic behind this that I just don't see? Any way to improve my odds of getting a good match without these? (They often seem to become feeders for easy points, which just seems wrong...)

Furthermore, I also seem to notice a LOT of mutual suicide on sudden death matches. Both players just run off opposite edges of the screen.

Finally, is there any way to set matches OTHER then simple 'fight for points based off kills' in wifi versus? Or some way to do 1-1 or 1-1-1 matches? Some of my favorite characters tend to perform better when there are fewer enemies to worry about (especially in my not-perfectly-skilled hands) so this would be a godsend.

Thanks in advance for any answers to these
---
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million voices cried out to say "Oh ****!!!".
Tri's servers booted people again. MH Tri - Chihiro
3 years ago#2
people just taunt spam, and team up against the other players in basic brawl. just play with friends. it's way better that way. I rarly encounter a player who wants to team up against two people on basic brawl. 3 aganinst 1(usually the player fighting) is not very fun.
---
MKWii fc: 4341-9153-2733
3 years ago#3
Thiers no ranking system at all so why bother taking the game seriously at all? Play team brawl for actual fights......more often, and get used to flowchart zelda users.

1. Spam dins fire across screen
2.d.smash or nayus love if they shoot or close in
3.f.smash for KO
4.repeat
5none of it works......panic
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
3 years ago#4
In addition to the questions brought up by topic creator I would like to ask (relevant), is there a way to set matches to no items fox only final destination?
3 years ago#5
MachDragon posted...
In addition to the questions brought up by topic creator I would like to ask (relevant), is there a way to set matches to no items fox only final destination?

My understanding is that it rotates through the different players item settings, so you'd only be able to set no items a small part of the time... As for stage, just always pick that one, when everyone else pics random, stage goes to you. No way at all to control your opponents choice of character.
---
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million voices cried out to say "Oh ****!!!".
Tri's servers booted people again. MH Tri - Chihiro
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  3. Odd player behaviour in WiFi.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived