Human??

#1amorovPosted 4/11/2010 3:30:28 PM
Ok. I'm pretty close to beating the game now and i just realized, when you go to change from the wolf it says transform into "human". I may have missed something, but i could've sworn Link was an elf. So if someone could please explain that. Thanks
#2DragonerPosted 4/11/2010 3:54:40 PM
Well, technically, he's Hylian, not human; but it's generally accepted that the Hylians are partial analogues (at least in design, if not culture or origin) to elves, which don't exist in the LoZ universe. So it's sort of neither. However, "human" is used for convenience there.
---
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul." -Tycho, Penny Arcade
therushisonsummer2004
#3kingnahum17Posted 4/12/2010 12:06:59 PM
Just try to imagine it saying "Would you like to transform into an elf" 600 times while you play your game. I actually never noticed the Human thing.
---
http://www.youtube.com/kingnahum17
#4ColebyPosted 4/12/2010 4:42:02 PM
Human makes the most sense. Why the hell would it say "Transform into Hylian"? That just seems ridiculous. It's not like he looks any different from humans, other than the ears.
---
This is a scratch-and-sniff sig. Go ahead, try it!
"Coleby your sig made me break my monitor" ~ kill3r619
#5garlog64Posted 4/12/2010 8:35:08 PM
Hylians are referred to as humans quite bit in Zelda games, so Link is indeed human.
---
"Shrimpburgers are the true Messiahs; tacos and marmalade are just subgames." - KingOfHyrule
Now Playing: Nostalgia
#6TakerV1rebornPosted 4/14/2010 3:28:19 PM
Hylians are a kind of human, it's more of a race if anything, similar to the Gerudo. Or for a real-world example, Hylians would be like, I dunno... Scandinavians, while Gerudo would be Egyptian. Both humans, but some minor differences.
---
~~~TakerVersion1~~~
Trolling is a art.
#7DragonerPosted 4/14/2010 4:58:14 PM
I guess. We were just having this discussion a while back in another topic, come to think of it - Link's gotta have (fertile) descendants, and if lifeforms A and B can mate and produce offspring which can then itself mate, A and B must be of the same species. So, okay, putting the whole vague "Hylians have magic blood" thing aside, we'll take it as a separate race instead.
---
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul." -Tycho, Penny Arcade
therushisonsummer2004
#8pirinioakPosted 4/15/2010 10:28:56 AM
I've always thought of Hylian as a race, not a species (homo sapiens or human).

---
We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad. You must be or you wouldn't have come here.
#9YourJanissaryPosted 4/15/2010 10:58:31 AM
transform into brazilian.
---
His knuckles are so hot like they have been in an oven for over 80 years.-Little kid explaining a pokemon he made up, Cinder.
#10metalsamuraiPosted 4/15/2010 11:19:39 AM
Hylian is a race, imo.
---
So you're saying that Satan possessed my amp with screaming Mexican ragtime players who listen to the Jonas Brothers? e_e - reaper_killa