Should I play Ocarina of Time before this?

#1dillpickle69Posted 4/3/2012 9:33:30 PM(edited)
I have a strict code against playing games without playing the previous versions, but I'm only going to be playing this at my friends house because I don't have a wii, but he doesn't have OoT. I just want to know If I'm going to be lost if I don't play Ocarina of Time first?
btw I say ocarina of time because my friend said that was the first zelda game but I'm not sure if he was trolling me because he does that
---
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
#2dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 9:24:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3kratos9797Posted 4/4/2012 9:24:28 AM(edited)
When OoT first came out it was, at that time, Link's first adventure(if you are referring to the timeline order that the games take place in and not the actual release date of the game). With that said it doesn't really matter what order you play them in unless you want to play them in chronological (story) order(if you do then you need to look at the timeline from the Hyrule Historia art book that was released in Japan, there are a few topics on the Skyward Sword/Zelda Wii U boards).
---
Kratos9797, Official leader of the Shieka Shadow Corp and member of the Knights of Safe Haven.
#4kaozkraken620Posted 4/4/2012 8:02:35 PM
I wouldn't say you'd be lost per se, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to play OoT before TP.

I'd recommend playing OoT first just because I think it'll work out before for you in the end, it's kinda hard to explain why
---
[This signature has been deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5wiiking96Posted 4/5/2012 6:35:34 PM
You might be underwhelmed by OoT if you play TP first. Without nostalgia, TP seems like a higher quality game, so I would suggest playing OoT first.
#6Crazy_Jay666Posted 4/8/2012 9:37:50 AM
My brother played TP first, he said he regretted it because it made OoT seem underwhelming. It's not required, though, you'll still enjoy both.
---
Steam: Crazy Jay, Origin: CrazyFreakinJay, XBLA: Crazy J4Y
Currently playing: BF3, BFBC2, L4D2, TF2, GTA IV, GoW3
#7DarkMark42Posted 4/10/2012 7:55:35 AM
Play OoT first.
---
Not changing sig until the Seahawks win the Super Bowl