Too Human 2

#1dokkensPosted 12/4/2009 3:28:49 AM
I really hope they go ahead and keep working on the sequels to this one. Norse mythology is awesome and I think there should be more games and movies about it. It was the reason I wanted to play this when I first heard about it, then it turns out to actually be a good game, which is a plus. I just hope they continue the story.
#2Avenger1324Posted 12/5/2009 6:40:21 PM
I really enjoyed playing Too Human, but given Silicon Knights actions since its launch, I can't see them carrying on and making the sequel(s).

Pre-launch SK or rather Denis Dyack was doing everything he could to get interviewed and promote Too Human, talk about the DLC plans, plans for the trilogy, his take on Norse mythology, even going to the extent of creating those goblin man of norway videos. Then Too Human launched, got a pounding from the critics, and suddenly no-one from SK is available for comment.

Silicon Knights are doing with Too Human what Valve did with DLC for TF2 - ignore what they promised, ignore everyone and everything that mentions it, and pretend it never existed. People will eventually get bored of asking about it and hopefully it all gets ignored. Very unprofessional, shows utter contempt for the fans of the game, and in a year or two they will come back to market with another game and expect people to buy it.
#3GawdDawgsPosted 12/6/2009 8:55:27 PM
well, Dyack was pretty open about his displeasure of journalists heavily criticizing the game at an E3 showing before the game was ready to be played, even as a demo. They were forced to show something at the show, and when they were judged hard, they decided to stay away and keep their mouths shut until they were ready to show something to the public.

I'm guessing, and hoping, SK learned from their mistakes with Too Human, and won't show anything or make any promises until they're ready to show something for their next game, whether it be Too Human 2 or something else. This seems like Dennis Dyack's baby, though, and I doubt they'll let it be abandoned without a fight.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#4Dissonance2003Posted 12/7/2009 12:06:29 AM
Silicon Knights are doing with Too Human what Valve did with DLC for TF2 - ignore what they promised, ignore everyone and everything that mentions it, and pretend it never existed. People will eventually get bored of asking about it and hopefully it all gets ignored. Very unprofessional, shows utter contempt for the fans of the game, and in a year or two they will come back to market with another game and expect people to buy it.

They're also being heavily backed by Microsoft, who probably either told them to keep dev details on a sequel under wraps, or have pulled funding. It doesn't even remotely show contempt for the fans-The game sold only moderately well, so if they cancel sequel plans and choose to release a new title 3 years later, it's just them trying something different out.
---
SPOILERS AHEAD
I don't like you