ok, I was told this online about runes but not sure if its true....

#1dknight1976Posted 9/4/2012 5:47:13 PM
I was told once you put a rune into a charm it dosn't give you that abiltiy any more....

example; I put a lvl 19 quickness(Attack speed +10%) in Lvl 1 Malefactor locus.
Rune Charm

but I wont have +10% attack speed when I activate that charm right?
I thought you still get thous bonuses with the charms?
or the charm just uses the symbol not the actual bonus
#2ChrisZewskiPosted 9/5/2012 1:29:56 PM
Runes only have an effect once they are inserted into empty armor/weapon "sockets".

Charms only have the specific listed effect once they are completed and equipped in one of the two "active" charm slots. Anything inserted into a charm, be it a rune or another charm, is "consumed" by the charm they are inserted in.

Or, to put it simply: what you were told is correct.

On the plus side, attack speed runes can be found or shopped at 10% on purple runes around lvl 30 (perhaps even earlier?) and lvl 50 armors and weapons, so no great loss on the orange rune.
#3dknight1976(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2012 2:50:33 PM
thanks.... here I was thinking I was making my character uber powerful because I thought the "bonuses" stacked up, hell I was waiting till lvl 50 on each one so I would have the good purple orange red runes... :( you would think if they did that the game would be a WHOLE LOT EASIER!!!
#4ChrisZewskiPosted 9/6/2012 10:55:33 AM
Indeed.

Although the game is pretty easy 90% of the time. Then you get inflicted with multiple status effects and meet the valkyrie yet again. It would be nice if you had more of a defense against DoT rather than maxing armor and health and praying your fierce attack hits the right goblin...