Better hold on to your copies guys, this'll become a collector's item in 2013

#11spooiePosted 11/11/2012 1:00:46 PM
The game will be no more a collector's item than every other random game that ever came out is a collector's item. The fact of the matter is that ALL games eventually cease production.

Gamestop a month ago threw something like 300 game titles from their store in a furnace because they no longer sold and they couldn't think of a way to get people to take them. Games like Sky Odyssey or Unison or even Madden 2002 were obliterated. The same theory that Too Human becoming a sudden collector's item would mean that all 300+ of the those titles are pretty much a collector's item too.

So why is everyone so concerned about getting a copy of THIS game now, when they could have picked up the 300+ games Gamestop was getting rid of for a combined price of around $30?
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#12iusefebrezePosted 11/12/2012 4:09:11 AM
I for one bought a new copy. I put in so many hours having a new copy just seems right. I just checked amazon and since i purchased mine the price has doubled.
---
The average anime character has 47 gallons of blood.
#13NewCastlEmperor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 8:32:05 AM
So why is everyone so concerned about getting a copy of THIS game now, when they could have picked up the 300+ games Gamestop was getting rid of for a combined price of around $30?

Because not only its destruction was announced extremely early, but also its source code will be destroyed, therefore preventing any further rerelease years later.
#14Guirec730Posted 11/14/2012 6:05:47 PM
For the record, games at Gamestop don't get "thrown into a furnace", they get "pennied out", which means that the price sticker prints out at $00.01 and they are to be field destroyed out back...

...which generally means that employees take them.
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#15gambit444Posted 11/19/2012 5:26:49 PM
Any one know if the game will still be playable over xbox live after...what was it, dec 3rd? When all copies are to be destroyed?
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald,
#16MattheauPosted 11/23/2012 3:05:55 AM
Theoretically, it could become a collector's item. However, people would really be over estimating how much that really means. Best case scenario, Too Human 2 comes out and it is the greatest game ever and has super devoted die hard fans that absolutely must have a copy of the original Too Human. A near mint copy of Too Human would still only get about $15. Granted, it's much better than the $3 it currently goes for, but it's never going to be a title that goes for more than that.
#17StonedwolfedPosted 11/23/2012 3:11:45 PM
I'll pay a million a copy. Two million if you sign them.

Not dollars, mind, but TONS OF GOLD. A million tons of gold.

Or two if you have a pen.
---
GT viberunner - MW2 Legend - now with added microphone technology