Game over man

#1yamato666Posted 12/17/2012 3:02:23 PM
http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/silicon-knights-to-destroy-games-code-and-give-up-millions-in-epic-lawsuit-

Looks like SK is going to be 86'd and any hope for a next gen completion of the trilogy dies with DD and his company. That is unless he sells the rights to another more competent studio, but knowing how arrogant he is that will never happen.
---
Do you ever wonder what life would have been like if you would have got enough air at birth?
#2Guirec730Posted 12/17/2012 4:49:41 PM
A fair assessment, but pretty old news.
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#3yamato666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 6:14:53 AM
Yea, I haven't really been following with all the other stuff going on, but a friend who still keeps up with SK sent me this link the other day. Its a shame too, some other studio could buy the rights to all the SK games and give them the attention they need, instead of being dragged down into the muck and never see the light of day again
---
Do you ever wonder what life would have been like if you would have got enough air at birth?
#4Guirec730Posted 12/18/2012 4:43:07 PM
Yeah. I'd love to see where Too Human would go under more traditional leadership.
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#5Kefke_WrenPosted 12/27/2012 11:15:18 PM
It's kind of funny, I had heard of Too Human, and thought the concept looked interesting. It never really struck me as a "must have" title, though. When I heard about the lawsuit and the recall, though, I decided to but it just to stick it to Epic, who I totally hold at fault. They may have won in court, but trying to kill SK has lost me as a customer. I'm not sure how disappointed I am in the apparent fate of the trilogy, but I can say that while not flawless, some of the criticism the game gets is undeserved.
#6MattheauPosted 12/30/2012 5:08:41 AM
Kefke_Wren posted...
When I heard about the lawsuit and the recall, though, I decided to but it just to stick it to Epic, who I totally hold at fault. They may have won in court, but trying to kill SK has lost me as a customer.

Silicon Knights sued Epic, not the other way around because the engine Silicon Knights refused to pay to use didn't match their standards. If Silicon Knights hadn't tried to sue Epic, odds are Epic never would have bothered. If Epic even noticed, Silicon Knights didn't have enough money for them to be worth suing and Epic really wouldn't have had a cut and dry case without access to the source code. Silicon Knights forced Epic into dealing with the lawsuit, which put the source code on the table for Epic.

You can't really blame Epic for Silicon Knights being stupid. Defending against lawsuits costs money and Silicon Knights gave a rather major justification for a counter-suit.