so, is SK done for?

#1GawdDawgsPosted 4/8/2013 5:38:03 PM
After the heavy loss of that lawsuit, is Silicon Knights essentially gone? They're a pretty small studio that I highly doubt can afford that settlement. In fact, with all the news of other studios going bankrupt and what not, I'm shocked I haven't heard the status of SK yet.

does anyone know?
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#2MattheauPosted 4/9/2013 3:58:12 AM
The lawsuit really didn't matter. The problem is X-Men Destiny did far too poorly, so no one wants to invest with them. If that game did half decently Epic it wouldn't have come down to a lawsuit.
#3GawdDawgs(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 8:45:22 AM
the lawsuit started with Too Human, not X-men. SK blamed Epic and felt the need to tweak the Unreal engine and call it their own, just so they could release the game as they did.

X-Men came much later, just before the lawsuit ended.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#4FenrirXIIIPosted 4/11/2013 2:11:54 PM
Of course they are done for. I can't see how. Back years ago, like 2008-2010? ish, a few yrs after TH released, there was a news article how SK was low on funds and was able to secure 1 or 2 mil from the local canadian government under the pretext of saving canadian jobs on struggling businesses or something. So they've been really low on funds since -then-. I can't imagine they can even afford to pay off their settlement w/o selling off the business assets.
---
GT: Ezmarii/CapitalStorm91
rent my dragons dogma pawns! :)