should we make a gunz board facebook group

#1Dutch_incPosted 12/27/2012 12:43:44 PM
invite only obv.

or is that a terrible idea
---
Er komen zo rap nieuwe versies van smartphones uit dat ik zowat door alle piemels de penetratie niet meer kan voelen - Grobari
#2DutchSkyPosted 12/27/2012 3:51:47 PM
FACEBOOK NAO
---
Rock won't eliminate your problems, but it will sort of let you dance all over them. \m/
#3bbloxyPosted 12/27/2012 8:16:29 PM
terribad idea
#4DutchSkyPosted 12/30/2012 4:11:23 PM
you were not on the invite list
---
Rock won't eliminate your problems, but it will sort of let you dance all over them. \m/
#5bbloxyPosted 12/31/2012 1:57:04 PM
ive been here since this boards inception.

you merely adopted the gunz board. i was born in it, molded by it.
#6hae3Posted 1/1/2013 5:39:12 AM
it's been years since i lurked around the gunz forums, i guess its because this game was amazing if you got into it's niche.

anyways i would like to be caught up to speed!

I "vaguely" remember things of the original game so i might not be accurate when i recall things

+is the gunz dead? (like really dead?). i remember when gunz jumped off the plank when it made the transition to ijji or whatever that site was called and a lot of people were relatively displeased with things. now it's ..transitioned again to some site i'm not familiar with and I feel that playing the game right now might revoke my overall fond memories of this game.

+what happened to the community? again i vaguely remember when gamefaqs was subsidiary or probably the main board place where people that were actually really good at the game posted. do you guys still somehow keep in touch after all these years? i get the impression that nobody is really playing it.

+the overall impression of gunz 2 seems sorta bad and i don't know why. did people play the game already and why? lightning only strikes once I guess.
#7KawufixPosted 1/2/2013 12:02:32 AM
gunz isn't totally dead, but there's only a handful of people who still play on the official servers, especially after the migration which probably killed off a big part of the remaining player base.

gamefaqs gunz board mostly stopped posting anything gunz related around 2008-ish. i don't think most of us keep in touch but i keep contact with some people on steam

one of the only things going for gunz 1 was cancelling/k-style, and going by gameplay videos, it doesn't look like gunz 2 has k-style or anything that could replace it. and chances are that MAIET's learned how to code by this point, so they probably won't accidentally make something like gunz 1 again.
---
or you can do a wall run and run on the wall whilst shooting your enemy into the dark and deep beyond.
#8hae3Posted 1/2/2013 1:35:25 AM
Kawufix posted...
gunz isn't totally dead, but there's only a handful of people who still play on the official servers, especially after the migration which probably killed off a big part of the remaining player base.

gamefaqs gunz board mostly stopped posting anything gunz related around 2008-ish. i don't think most of us keep in touch but i keep contact with some people on steam

one of the only things going for gunz 1 was cancelling/k-style, and going by gameplay videos, it doesn't look like gunz 2 has k-style or anything that could replace it. and chances are that MAIET's learned how to code by this point, so they probably won't accidentally make something like gunz 1 again.

It's just so hard to believe the notion they wouldn't implement what made the first game so fun. You can make a comparison with street fighter 2 in some respects that animation canceling was never intended during the games development but plays a key part to creating a significant gap between a good and a bad player. Pre IJJI transition, everyone seemed happy for the most part with the exception of rampant hackers and some netcode issues.

I'll defend gunz in being one of the best online games because of that, accident or not. No other game will probably replicate what made the game good, oh well...

The elitist club community too was something I vaguely remember. It was sort of endearing, people would submit replay packs and the infamous mispelling from Korean of the word "suicide" that was immediately adopted within these forums. I also thought gil was the best player also (imo).

I always lurked gamefaqs and wanted to be "in" with the gamefaqs community. I also really do miss the memories I had but playing the game right now would probably taint the nostalgia which sounds a bit sad I guess. regardless my time was well spent.
#9Dutch_inc(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 7:03:32 AM
oh gosh, GilGilGil

Rifle user extraordinaire
---
Er komen zo rap nieuwe versies van smartphones uit dat ik zowat door alle piemels de penetratie niet meer kan voelen - Grobari
#10JanusPLPosted 1/2/2013 5:34:55 PM
not a big deal
---
Fear Janus... http://img122.exs.cx/img122/6215/ramzi0so.jpg
More topics from this board...
446 ggnumberman5227/19 1:57PM