A Complete Noob -- AGAIN!

#1XFLINTPosted 4/30/2012 8:29:35 AM
Greetings Breath of Fire III board and Gamefaqs netizens!

How surprising that this is my first post in 6 years since I registered on this website.

Anyway, I love Breath of Fire! I've played this game since I was a 13 years old and I loved every ingame minute of it. Finished it with like 90% game completion. I was somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to games back in the day. The grinding, the hunting and the compelling storyline is awesome and off the hook. After finishing the game, I stored it away at the deepest bowels of my storage room and was never to be seen again. I heard from my relatives that they sold all of my old games. I gave up gaming when I turned 17 because of my job, so it took me around a couple of years before touching this classic again. I recently got Breath of Fire III on the PSP and it was magical! I never thought I would be able to relive my teenhood once again in the Playstation Portable!

Anyway, I've gotten back in to the game once again and got addicted again really quick. The nostalgia flowed in me the minute I pressed New Game.

Here are a couple of questions that I have that I forgot.

When you are apprenticed to a master, for example Bunyan, and it requires 10 levels to learn Disembowel, if I train my characters for 10 levels, would everything stack? I mean, if I haven't learned a skill on Bunyan and earned the 10 levels, would I get everything skill below Disembowel?

If you don't understand what I'm trying to say, allow me to explain in further detail.

Bunyan:

Risky Blow: 2 levels
Focus: 5 levels
Super Combo: 8 levels
Disembowel: 10 levels

If I haven't learned any skill from Bunyan and I trained for 10 levels, do I get ALL the skills because I trained the requirements for Disembowel or do I only get Risky blow and have to level for another 5 levels to learn focus?(Overleveling)

OR

Since I trained for 10 levels, I get ALL the skills one by one when I talk to Bunyan?

Please clarify this for me.

[/brag] I managed to steal a Protein on the first Balio and Sunder fight :D [/brag].

Note: Another thing I've discovered is that after extensive research over the Balio and Sunder controversy, is that. (Mind you these are all 100% FACTS)

1.) HP - They're not infinite. They have NO HP. Which means they're just sprites.
2.) Broad Sword and Asbestos Armor - Yes. While it is true that the Asbestos Armor and the Broad Sword are programmed as 100% drops, it is NOT possible to get the Asbestos Armor OR the Broad Sword during the second Balio and Sunder fight IF you let them escape. Since you can't kill them, you HAVE to let them escape or you HAVE to let them kill you. The only way to get the Broad Sword and Asbestor Armor is to KILL them with a 1-hit-KO cheat/gameshark or by tinkering with an emulator.

It's common sense. A monster HAS TO DIE for it to drop something. How do you expect Balio and Sunder to drop the Asbestor Armor or the Broad Sword if they always escape the second fight? How do you prevent them from escaping if you can't kill them? How can you kill them when they're just game sprites? Common sense. I hope my discovery is sufficient enough to convince anyone that has been trying to get Balio and Sunder to drop both equipments during the second fights (I've seen a lot of people attempting it)
#2kazin1979Posted 4/30/2012 2:06:00 PM
Been playing bof since my late teens,love the series just wish it would be revived.
Good to see bof4 on PSN also.

You would get all the skills is the answer your looking for.
---
The wheel of time turns...
#3squarepoxPosted 5/6/2012 8:10:14 AM
Also a big fan wishing for a revival...

BOF III is the best.
---
Modern Country Music makes more sense when high on Nitros Oxide.
#4DarkSandwichPosted 5/7/2012 3:38:27 PM
XFLINT posted...

Here are a couple of questions that I have that I forgot.

When you are apprenticed to a master, for example Bunyan, and it requires 10 levels to learn Disembowel, if I train my characters for 10 levels, would everything stack?

If I haven't learned any skill from Bunyan and I trained for 10 levels, do I get ALL the skills because I trained the requirements for Disembowel or do I only get Risky blow and have to level for another 5 levels to learn focus?(Overleveling)

OR

Since I trained for 10 levels, I get ALL the skills one by one when I talk to Bunyan?

Please clarify this for me.

When you level up that much to obtain every skill requirement for a master, you have to talk to them once to get the first skill, again for the next skill and so on.
Yes, it does stack.