how do i beat atticus (mission 51)

#1antoinejonesPosted 1/27/2011 5:46:21 PM
Ok so i was trying a rav/rav/rav x2 paradigm switching between the two becauseit suposedly makes atb faster? but anyway doing that (and healing debuffing and rebuffing as necessary) i managed to get his staggerguage to 650-700% before he cast doom on me, and well doom killed me before the guagae even made it to 850%, umm how am i supposed to get him before doom kills me.. let along get a stagger on him and i see no way possible to kill him in the 10 mins needed to 5 star him.. umm how am i supopsed to win this fight? (id be fine if it werent for doom, but even then 5 starring sounds impossible)
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#2destrian522Posted 1/27/2011 6:00:33 PM
If you have a sentinel provoking him, he'll use doom on the sentinel instead of you. Aside from that, if you're doing so much damage to him that tri-disaster triggers his next stage at 650%, you're probably too strong to stagger kill him and still get five stars. Once you build the gauge up a decent amount, start working on his health instead.
---
CWLSIV
#3NightShadeBerryPosted 1/27/2011 6:01:24 PM
Use Auron's 5 star mission guide, you should be able to take him down before he cast doom
---
--- If you don't hurry, your brain will get sucked out from your ears and nose. Oh no. PSN: ExHeine
#4F1ame_Shie1dPosted 1/27/2011 6:31:37 PM

You only need to get him to about 400% on the stagger gauge. Once he's in his final stage and you'll want to have a sentinel out pretty much the entire time.

#5blackhrtPosted 1/27/2011 7:43:30 PM
Random Instant Chain ability perhaps? *runs out of room*
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time."
#6PennyWiseRocksPosted 1/27/2011 7:56:58 PM(edited)
switching between the two becauseit suposedly makes atb faster

It's not "supposedly". If you swap paradigms it fills your atb gauge to full as long as you've let it fill up normally once.

IE: fight starts, you let your atb gauge fill and attack. Then you switch right at the end of your sequence of attacks and you will have a full gauge again, you use that gauge to attack, let it fill normally again once, do that sequence of attacks and then switch again, your bar will be full again instantly. You can keep doing this the entire fight to get in way more attacks than you normally would in that time frame. I'm not sure how you have not noticed this if you've been doing it unless you play with your eyes closed...

and RiC doesn't work on monsters over a certain level. Attacus is over that level.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIII, KH:BBS, MHFU
#7LadysoalluringPosted 1/27/2011 8:14:15 PM
"If you have a sentinel provoking him, he'll use doom on the sentinel instead of you."

What is this?
---
Official "Vanille" of the Dissidia Duodecim boards
#8antoinejones(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2011 8:28:58 PM
well when I said his stagger guage was at 650% i ment thats how close to the 999% i need to getto put him in staggered state. not that he was already staggered and i got his guage to 650 before it wore off.

As for the supposedly thing I say that because this fight is the first time im trying that tactic so I havent been doing it long enough to test/see that it works.

As for having a SEN so that he will get doom on him instead of me, that sounds like a great idea exceptthen wouldnt that mean Id have to give up rav x3 "kill speed" to always have a SEN out so i dont run the risk of him casting doom on the wrong person. As for the 5 star guide that looks like it requires upgraded weapons and accessories which i dont have lol Im still using non upgraded weapons/accessories
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#9LadysoalluringPosted 1/27/2011 8:35:21 PM
As far as I know "enemies" don't "cast" Doom - the game does as a result of you taking too long in a battle. Unless this is an exception (I haven't done Mission 51 for a while - not since my first run of the game) but on my first run I used Snow as a SEN a lot and the game still used Doom on me in specific fights where I was taking too long to win.
---
Official "Vanille" of the Dissidia Duodecim boards
#10NightShadeBerryPosted 1/27/2011 9:48:05 PM
Atticus CAN cast doom on you, the leader to be specific even if you have a sentinel to draw away his attention. After that he'll keep on attacking the leader and ignore everything else. Only happens if you take too long, like 17 mins or so
---
--- If you don't hurry, your brain will get sucked out from your ears and nose. Oh no. PSN: ExHeine