Crystarium max level?

#1Daedron18Posted 12/20/2009 6:40:44 AM
Hey guys, after watching some streams near the end of the game I got confused about the cap on the crystarium. I noticed that the max lvl of a certain role was lvl 4 even though the caster was far enough for the Crystarium to be lvl 9 (it says so in the lower left corner).
Is there something I am missing or is there another way to advance, do you need to get more roles to lvl 4 to open up lvl 5 or something?

I know not a lot of people are that far in the game yet but maybe someone knows the answer.

---
"60 FPS kinda looks unrealistic and moves too fast" - dDFoxy
#2des326Posted 12/20/2009 6:44:11 AM
*possible spoilers about growth system*

Can't give you exact answer, however until you fight the last boss, your role level is capped at level 3. After winning against the last boss you get Crystarium LV10 (save your game after the ending to start before the boss again). From here you can at least get role level 4, maybe even further ).

HP also isnt capped at 9.999 as I've seen 11k hp for characters already.
---
www.zankaku.com - Final Fantasy XIII Travel Guide
#3abcdefghjklnoprPosted 12/20/2009 6:45:58 AM
this is too much to know.... i mean..... released and already we know everything it just isn't right

---
>>Moderator of a Great Site<<
http://resitewars.com/
#4Daedron18(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2009 6:52:25 AM
I know for sure the role lvl can get to lvl 4 before the last boss, Hamatea was at that lvl before it...

I just don't understand what it means when the Crystarium lvl's up, if the Crystarium is at lvl 9, is that the max lvl for EACH role or max lvl for all roles combined? if it's for each role than why does it look like the max lvl is 4 for each role even though it says "crystarium lvl 9 "

Maybe I won't know untill I play it myself eh?

---
#5Washizuka2244Posted 12/20/2009 6:52:27 AM

this is too much to know.... i mean..... released and already we know everything it just isn't right

How do you know we know everything. You can't say we know everything about a game that's been out for less than a week. You ever played Cross Edge? That game is not possible to find everything out about on your first play through with no guide. Keep in mind FF13 hasn't even been beaten more than once by any one person yet.
---
Wii#:0893 4889 3887 2352 Mahs Wii /GH FC:459682302863 PSN-TEHMAHZ
"Hi I'm an assassin"- Flonne
#6OmegaXtrimPosted 12/20/2009 6:55:19 AM
Can't answer your question without giving out some spoilers so

***SPOILERS***

After you killed the final boss, your crystarium will level up to lvl5. You can still save the game and go back to Pulse to do the sidequests. Crystarium can reach lvl 10 maximum. So basically there's tons of grinding and sidequests to do if you elect to do so.

---
Phantom Sephiroth
#7Daedron18(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2009 7:24:31 AM
^^ That's just what confuses me, after killing the final boss the crystarium said "LVL.10" and not "LVL.5"

Yet it looks like the cap stays at lvl 5 per role like what you said, is the Crystarium LVL different from the max lvl of the roles? Maybe I am just not getting it ;p

---
#8JL LeePosted 12/20/2009 7:30:08 AM
Crystaruim level is different from Role levels.

Crystarium level is unlocked at the end of every chapter, giving you access to another tier of the roles. Role level...I have no idea what impact they do...better AI mayhaps?
---
[Jewelled Bell] goes *Jingle, Jangle*!
Currently playing: Tales of Graces (Wii), Lunar ~ Harmony of Silver Star (PSP)
#9OmegaXtrimPosted 12/20/2009 7:38:04 AM
Crystarium lvl is the max level you can get your role levels to. If Crystarium is capped at lvl 5, then you can only get all your roles to lvl 5. Crystarium lvl 10 is absolute maximum in this game. You can only level up crystarium by getting to certain point in the game and defeating certain bosses. This is designed to prevent you from overleveling and overpower the enemies.

I can only speculate that the optional bosses will all be very difficult battles because of the crystarium level cap meaning you can only get access to tougher bosses once your crystarium level is raised.

---
Phantom Sephiroth
#10Daedron18(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2009 7:42:15 AM
Alright, it just confused me because it seemed like a lvl 4 role was the max when the Crystarium level was 9, but I guess it wasn't the max lvl then.

I'll just wait and play the game for myself, I'll figure it all out then ;p

---