Chapter 7 Farming CP 50,000+ / GILS 247,500+ (Possible Spoilers)

#1clubsaaPosted 12/24/2009 3:51:31 PM
This information was found on the web and I think that it's helpful.

Chapter 7:
- Near the very end of the chapter before the boss.

- After the invasion cutscene.

Party Members:
Lighting (Lead) / Fang / Hope

You will start near the save point after cutscene so saving the game is a good idea. There are two groups of PSICOM soldiers (3 in each group). Fight for each group is about 25sec-55sec depending on your setup and how you fight.

CP 160 / Fight.

Drops:
- Phoenix Down - 500g
- Power Smoke? - 500g (from katakana - powaasumooku)
- Premium Chip? - 2,500g (Puremiamuchiipu) lol excuses my translations.

Noted that all 3 can drop at the same time and I think I've seen it once lol... You can also get multiples drops of Phoenix Down (2) or / and Premium Chip (2).

For 30sec / fight and running around to get respawn for the next fight is approximately 1mins total (for me at least). I was going for 50,000 CP. Took me about 5 hours 20mins of killing none stop.
The final result was over 100-125 Premium Chips + 100-103 Phoenix Downs + 5 Power Smokes.
Gained 53,000 CPs. I lost count after a while but those numbers are very close.

99x Premium Chips = 247,500 Gils. Noted: if you ever reached 98 chips sells them because if the next fight dropped 2 chips you will lose one. Stack only up to 99x and it won't make another new stack.

Happy hunting~
#2LenneValkyriePosted 12/24/2009 3:54:14 PM
bevelle highbridge comes to mind...
---
Blaze.... Drive!
#3cklecknerPosted 12/24/2009 4:23:50 PM
started doing this last night but they dont alwasy drop. the chips r good for money but the drop rate kinda sucks.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/ice/ckleckner.png
#4SonsaruPosted 12/24/2009 8:05:28 PM
I recommond you only do this as much as you need immediately at that point, and don't try to use it to stockpile for future use.

You can make more than this in a couple of battles later.
#5gtypexPosted 12/24/2009 8:08:15 PM
Damn, I'm way passed that. Anyone got farming tips for Chapter 11 or beyond?

I'm fighting alot of small enemies right now cause the king behemoths are kicking my ass.
#6PathtoDawnPosted 12/24/2009 8:58:39 PM
If Vanille knows Death, you can easily kill Adamantaimai whenever you have lv5 TP with the summon knock down trick.

They drop Platinum Ingots that sell for 150k each, and Trapezohedrons that are needed to upgrade tier 2 weapons to tier 3.
#7seradosPosted 12/24/2009 10:04:33 PM
In 5 hours.

Then next Crystarium level you spend 4000 a node.

And you realise when Chapter 11 opens up you can get 5 million CP in that amount of time and more gold in two fights if you wanted to.

You look at Chapter 11's Crystarium and it says "10000 CP" for one node.

And then you look back and say, "What the hell was I doing".
#8EinhandrPosted 12/25/2009 12:44:06 PM
It seems there is a way to farm cp here automatically? Here is what I got from the wiki; though its in "engrish".

"The abandoned CP, earning chips ◆
7沸Kimasu Hope is the enemy of the chapter house indefinitely.
Upper left stick left (11 o'clock) and the fixed automatic fire ○ button.
The five anti-clockwise if the chip is 99-hour leave."

Seems like in Hopes house if you keep your character running around in circles (using rubber bands im assuming), and tape down your o button (or x button depending), then you can farm cp and premium chips. Looks like if you come back every hour or so is when you cap out on chips, so you should sell them. Can anyone else get a more accurate translation of this?

here is the original url:
http://ff13.in/28.html

---
"That's like telling leonardo devinci to paint the 16th chapel with crayons! " -Infinatey
#9seradosPosted 12/25/2009 12:51:06 PM
Chapter 7

At the Estheim residence PSICOM soldiers spawn infinitely.

Beating them with 5 stars with give you 160 CP.

(The Optima) Rush Assault will defeat them easily.

They drop Premium Chips which sell for 2500 gil so you can farm for gil too.

But like I said, it's a terrible place for farming CP (any place before Gran Pulse is) and it's still at a point where you reach Crystarium level stat limits easily. Using them to farm for gil is a slightly better idea, but again, Gran Pulse has much better options.
#10FFI3_LightningPosted 12/25/2009 12:55:20 PM
In 5 hours.

Then next Crystarium level you spend 4000 a node.

And you realise when Chapter 11 opens up you can get 5 million CP in that amount of time and more gold in two fights if you wanted to.

You look at Chapter 11's Crystarium and it says "10000 CP" for one node.

And then you look back and say, "What the hell was I doing".

This. I'm not on CH.11 but i realised theres no point in wasting this much time.

I farmed abotu 15k during that point and just quit after, I'm on CH.8 now but really you do not need to spend that much time farming, the game isn't that hard and as that guy has mentioned there are more methods later on which give you way more.

Still a nice trick though.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy XIII