Are there only certain areas you can revisit near the end of game or post-game?

#1razorfatePosted 2/27/2010 7:39:42 AM
Or can you only teleport post-game?
---
---Ultima Weapon vs Omega Weapon---
#2Voiced408Posted 2/27/2010 7:52:21 AM
Ask yahoo.
---
Get in mah bellay :3
#3EntrydeniedPosted 2/27/2010 7:59:04 AM
You move through chapters/locations and never get to return to any of them. In Chap 13, you can return to 3/4 of the area in Chap 12 and all of the areas in Chap 11. After completing the final dungeon, you cannot return to it when you load your postgame save.
#4ssjmatthewPosted 2/27/2010 8:50:37 AM
wait, really? you cant go back to previous areas? that sucks, i love grinding with diffrent enemies, so, what if we have a quest there still? or an item we want? its just gone when you go to the next area? thats odd for an rpg
---
*The internet is that one special place where 500 people could start crapping money, and 250 of them would complain of papercuts*
#5Austin_4ePosted 2/27/2010 8:52:45 AM

wait, really? you cant go back to previous areas? that sucks, i love grinding with diffrent enemies, so, what if we have a quest there still? or an item we want? its just gone when you go to the next area? thats odd for an rpg

Dude the places you can revisit (chapter 11-13) is like bigger than some FF12 maps combined. They also have the widest variety and the strongest enemies in the game.
---
"When I'm sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead! True story." - N.P.H
PSN: Austin_4e
#6TiaelPosted 2/27/2010 9:01:17 AM
Isn't set up so you won't miss much?
Cocoon treasures are all treasures you can get elsewhere on Pulse?
Really no reason to go back to previous areas.
Just make sure you Libra everything you fight.
---
Waiting for: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIV, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, Dragon Quest IX
Playing: Dragon Warrior VII, Final Fantasy II PSP
#7MrDinkyPosted 2/27/2010 9:02:21 AM
And by big, these noobs mean extremely wide open with hardly any thing inside them except random monsters.

NEAT! I get to run around aimlessly looking for a monster that i can kill. Thats apparently considered 'big' now.
---
PSN:(MrDinky)____(o o)______|
MR.DINKY___.-ooO-(_)-Ooo-.__|
#8TiaelPosted 2/27/2010 9:07:48 AM
Earth, back when dinosaurs roamed.

Animals, dinosaurs, plants, mountains, etc.
Pulse = the same, just with remnants of a previous civilization

What, do you expect there to be a shopping mall on a primitive savage land where nobody lives (atm)?

---
Waiting for: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIV, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, Dragon Quest IX
Playing: Dragon Warrior VII, Final Fantasy II PSP
#9Austin_4ePosted 2/27/2010 9:09:30 AM

And by big, these noobs mean extremely wide open with hardly any thing inside them except random monsters.

NEAT! I get to run around aimlessly looking for a monster that i can kill. Thats apparently considered 'big' now.

lol. you mean like every big open world / sandbox game ever?
---
"When I'm sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead! True story." - N.P.H
PSN: Austin_4e
#10Roxas_27Posted 3/2/2010 3:14:29 PM
Jeez, THANK YOU. Been roaming these boards and abusing the search bar trying to find an answer to the question of if you could go back to previous areas or not.

Amazing that there are more than 30 pages worth of topics about linearity, but practically none of them ask this question. The thing I loved about FFX was going back to all of the places after getting up to the final boss, and now that I know that FF XIII doesn't do this, it's hard for me to say that I actually want the game.

If those areas in chapters 11 and 12 are worth it, then I probably will get it, but at the same time it's really tempting for me to just buy God of War III and wait for Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

While I'm here, I might as well ask: You can sit in an area for as long as you want and just level up and farm that area's enemies right?