Crystalarium Levels? (Spoilers)

#1JimiMorrison187Posted 3/10/2010 4:14:45 AM
When I fought Shiva a while back I died the first time with Snow. When I hit Retry it said that I can now level my character even more, or something like that. I went to the crystalarium grid for Snow and he had 999 CP, but hall his Lvl1s were maxed out and I couldn't figure out how to get any higher.

Couple questions here:

1) Could I have leveled him up at that point for Level 2 Cryst., or was it supposed to prevent me from doing it?

2) Are these characters capped at having 999 CP at one time, and so basically with him being there already, not using, and me having to use other characters for a while, am I literally wasting a ton of CP while he isn't in my party?
#2JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2010 4:15:47 AM
Oops...Crystarium...dar
#3sockesockePosted 3/10/2010 4:18:19 AM
1.theres a cap for each chapter so no, but you can max out all available roles (goes for each character, in the beginning you have 3 roles per character, later on you get all 6 for each).

2.the maximum cp you can get is 999.999 if you want more you have to spend some of them first.

---
PSWii60DSP ftw
#41CECr34MPosted 3/10/2010 4:19:05 AM
Max CP is 999,999. Crystarium levels up as the story progresses.
#5Krysta84Posted 3/10/2010 4:19:29 AM
You can level him up as far as the game allows. Although not the first time, only when you fight and end up dead and have to retry, then the game gives you the chance to reset your paradigm, items, level up some and more of that, so you are better prepared the second time.

As for your second questions, at this point it would take you a very long time to cap the CP.
The fact that you have 999 is probably just coincidence. All the characters get access to the same amount of CP. Whether they are in your party or not. So you are not wasting anything.
#6JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2010 4:21:54 AM
Thanks. I didn't think 999 CP would be max. That would be silly. Pretty big coincidence that I had exactly 999 CP though unless he always has that.

I had all the Level 1 roles for him maxed out and the screen said I was on Level 2, but the grid was full. Was it just too early to level those roles up more, or what? I assumed they didn't want me going to the next level, but as of now I have everyone finished on Level 1 so I want to make sure I'm not missing something.
#7JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2010 4:22:35 AM
You guys answered it. Thanks. Guess I fought too many things early on...lol
#8AnnuvynPosted 3/10/2010 4:37:28 AM
"I had all the Level 1 roles for him maxed out and the screen said I was on Level 2, but the grid was full. Was it just too early to level those roles up more, or what? I assumed they didn't want me going to the next level, but as of now I have everyone finished on Level 1 so I want to make sure I'm not missing something."

Simplest way of putting this :

Every time the game tells you that you may develop further it unlocks one new ring section in each of your available roles. The next segment may be in a current level or the next level. If it is in the next level you will not see it until you pass the role level increase crystal.

I hope that makes it... umm... crystal clear : )

---
I lost my signature.