Are Pulsework Soldiers supposed to be long to defeat?

#1Dr_KainPosted 3/12/2010 2:47:35 PM
I'm in Chapter 4 and it is taking forever to defeat the Pulsework Soldiers with the weak as hell Sazh, Hope, and Vanille. None of them have any electrical abilities, so I can never beat them with getting any freaking stars, is this normal for everyone? I don't see why these guys should be so troublesome.

---
I am a Jenova Witness, have you accepted your Sephiroth today? Remember, Aeris died for our sins.
#2Josh_dudePosted 3/12/2010 2:50:49 PM
go rav with everyone, going to need to stagger them
---
Talking to yourself isn't a bad thing, answering yourself however..
#3courteroyPosted 3/12/2010 2:52:00 PM
Stagger them. You'll be able to make quick work of them after doing so.
#4tabstisPosted 3/12/2010 2:52:11 PM
They're so annoying I know
I used Slash and Burn then Duelcasting then back to Slash and Burn to stagger them. Finished them with stars but the battles aren't easy.
Especially if you fight the three of them :(
---
Youre wrong! I know now, without a doubt. Kingdom Hearts is light!
#5tpc8386Posted 3/12/2010 2:52:57 PM
Debuff with vanille and buff with sahz.
---
PSN: Travosaga
#6Dr_Kain(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2010 4:49:12 PM
You seem to be missing the point though. How do I stagger them with Sazh and Vanille? I have nothing that raises their bar high enough so it does not deplete before I can move on to my next attack.

---
I am a Jenova Witness, have you accepted your Sephiroth today? Remember, Aeris died for our sins.
#7EisePosted 3/12/2010 4:52:38 PM
Saboteur's debuffs will slow down the chain drop much like the Commando. This is the secret to Staggering without Lightning's help.
---
Ignorance is not an excuse.
"If Heath was real Dragons would be real and that would be cool" - Madeyedmonkey
#8danl0134Posted 3/12/2010 5:01:21 PM
Repeatedly shift your paradigms to slow the stagger gauge (what's this thing actually called again?) and raise it. Eventually they will become staggered and will lose most of their defense. If you look at their stats after Libra, you can see that they halve all physical and magical damage.
---
Salame!
#9Smap24Posted 3/12/2010 5:02:45 PM
They took forever for me too, it's great when you have Lightning since she kills them fast.
---
Playboy contains up-to-date articles on fashion, finance, sports, in-depth interviews, terrific fiction, and photos of the world's most beautiful women.
#10SorontarPosted 3/12/2010 5:02:56 PM
Sazh: Faith

Vanille: Deshell

Pulsework Soldier = annihilated.

See, you actually have to utilize the paradigm system in the vanille/sazh chapters. Which is why they're awesome combat wise.