Ultimate Weapons (Vanille and Snow) and Team Questions

#1EmogePosted 3/13/2010 11:05:40 PM
First, I know this has been addressed a hundred times (Light/Fang/Hope is the best I know but Hope is a ____ and I'll never use him)

So, I enjoy looking at hotties, so I'm leaning towards an all female team of Light/Fang/Vanille... Good since Vanille can both be a Rav and a Med?

Secondly, and more the real question: I know Light's "best" weapon is Lionheart, but I'll stick with Gladius, Fang is the Dragoon Spear (or Taming Rod, but Dragoon baby!)

But what is the general consensus on best 1 (or 2) weapons to upgrade for Vanille and Snow? Vanille because that's the team I want to use, and Snow because when I do want to swap in people, Snow is one of my favorite, and can easily swap with Fang and enjoy the company of two lovely ladies.
#2beanblazebeanPosted 3/13/2010 11:08:48 PM
wheres ur syn for haste? hope is alsome and will bail u out most of the time just by having haste on
#3Edmond TanPosted 3/13/2010 11:18:43 PM
^Won't get it till the end. Sahz's the man to go for Haste.

IMO, Sahz's the better buffer. But 3 healers are immensely useful, so I kee Hope instead.
---
"Cold water sinks and cold water rise" - A classmate, when asked about convention currents.
"Make up your damn mind" - My science teacher.
#4Emoge(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2010 11:25:14 PM
As I said, I know Hope would be better and make a more optimal team... but truth is, I'd much rather have a group of people I like, and sure I'm only on chapter 10, but I simply despise Hope. Sazh is awesome though. Chocobo chick ftw!

But, I'd much rather look at 3 hotties than a dude, so once again, ultimate weapons for Snow and Vanille, or possibly any extra input on Fang and Lightning?
#5Ellinika_Posted 3/13/2010 11:30:12 PM
you're on Chap 10 and you still despise Hope? how?
---
I just paid $5 for a double cheeseburger and a single cheeseburger from McD's. - __wut__
wtf was the burger made of? unicorn meat? - Shiny Kirby
#6Emoge(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2010 11:38:12 PM
Besides the first several hours of him whining constantly which developed a horrible taste in my mouth as well as him acting like a stubborn little kid for pretty much the whole game... besides all that the number one reason is... he looks like an ugly girl.

He doesn't look badass like Snow or act badass like Sazh, and since he's technically male, he doesn't have the "OMG HOT CHIX!" factor going for him that the hotties have.

Regardless, I want a party of hotties, is there really anything wrong with looking at good looking chickas while playing games?
#7Emoge(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2010 12:18:25 AM
Back on topic, technically I don't need Hope for haste anyways. I could just train Vanille as a Syn and then she could Haste my party, right?
#8kingofjamaicaPosted 3/14/2010 12:22:08 AM

Back on topic, technically I don't need Hope for haste anyways. I could just train Vanille as a Syn and then she could Haste my party, right?

No, Vanille cannot learn Haste.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#9Edmond TanPosted 3/14/2010 6:42:20 AM
And even if any of them could get Haste, you need a lot of grinding to get them.
---
"Cold water sinks and cold water rise" - A classmate, when asked about convention currents.
"Make up your damn mind" - My science teacher.
#10Emoge(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2010 8:35:44 PM
So even though Vanille or Light can get Syn, they can't get Haste? That seems odd...

And I don't mind a lot of grinding if I can use the characters I like.