Dismantling? Is it ever worth it?

#1BlackKnight2222Posted 3/15/2010 1:55:25 AM
I know dismantling makes your weapons/accessories into materials, but all I've ever gotten are crappy materials that aren't really worth losing a weapon for.

Are there any instances where dismantling a weapon or accessory gives you something really good?
---
it's all really a matter of perspective...
#2johnbleuPosted 3/15/2010 1:58:59 AM
Yes. You can dismantle Kain's Lance or Nirvana to get three Trapezohedrons, which are key for getting some of the best weapons in the game for every character.

I stole that from the strategy guide, but sounds worth it to me!
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIII, DDO
www.slackersforhire.com << Check it out!
#3VoxwikPosted 3/15/2010 2:03:14 AM
Yep that's how you get Spring Shoes (autohaste).
#4VoxwikPosted 3/15/2010 2:03:31 AM
Sprint. I'm failing at spell check.
#5EgHeadFoolPosted 3/15/2010 2:04:50 AM
It's only worth it if you want multiple Sprint Shoes. Dismantling Nirvana or Kain's Lance is a bad idea. It has to be at star level to give you the traps, so you spend way more time and money doing it than it's worth.
#6AntaraX2000Posted 3/15/2010 2:19:03 AM
but upgrading Kain's Lance to star rating cost about 1.5 million and 1 trapezohedrons and when dismantled you get 3 trap back. So if you look at it wouldn't it be better to do this to get trap then just buying 2 more trap?
Which will cost 4million to buy. If there is better way to get trapezohedrons, I would like to know.
#7Aklep2Posted 3/15/2010 2:34:58 AM
Dismantling is ONLY used for FULLY upgraded items.The following is taken from the official strategy guide: "You need at least 6 Trapezohedrons to make just 1 Ultimate weapon per character, and would somehow have to fathom 12 MILLION Gil to buy them. But there is a trice through dismantling if you already have 1 Trapezohedron. Create one of the following:

Kain's Lance (made from the Dragoon Lance, Shamanic Spear, Punisher, Pandoran Spear or Gae Bolg)

Nirvana (made fomr the Tigerclaw, Healer's staff, Belladonna wand or Mistilteinn)

Upgrade Either Kain's Lance or Nirvana to maximum level (at a cost of about 1.5 million Gil), and then dismantle it. You'll obtain 3 Trapezohedrons, tripling your initial investment, and for rather less than the 4 Million Gil you'd have to pay in a shop. You'll even get 36 Moonblossom Seeds at the same time, worth 216,000 Gil."

To get Sprint shoes: Defeat Mission Mark 7. This enemy drops Tetradic Crowns and Tetradic Tiaras. Upgrade and dismantle these items to obtain, respectively, Hermes Sandals (which transforms into sprint shoes) and Sprint shoes.
#8psalteryPosted 3/16/2010 3:31:59 PM
turtles supposedly have a terrible drop rate (and it seems so from my experience) so i think dismantling nirvana/kain's lance is a much better way to get those trapezoids.

but which version or kain's lance or nirvana is the cheapest to upgrade anyone know?
---
Psalm 73:20: As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.
#9arentolPosted 3/16/2010 3:51:08 PM
If you pay cash for the traps then to get 6 ultimate weapons, one for each character, it will cost you 21,000,000 Gil

If you use the dismantling method it will cost about 14,850,000 Gil, and you will have one trap left over. A considerable savings.
#10Village IdiotPosted 3/16/2010 3:53:48 PM
Dismantling is ONLY used for FULLY upgraded items.The following is taken from the official strategy guide: "You need at least 6 Trapezohedrons to make just 1 Ultimate weapon per character, and would somehow have to fathom 12 MILLION Gil to buy them. But there is a trice through dismantling if you already have 1 Trapezohedron. Create one of the following:

I thought you just need 1x Trap in order to upgrade to Lv3?

---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude