Best Weapons to Upgrade for Each Character/Role?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Best Weapons to Upgrade for Each Character/Role?

User Info: Dagdamor3725

Dagdamor3725
7 years ago#1
So, I'm in Chapter 9, and I know that soon I'll get to use each character in their 3 "prime roles" (Chapter 11, right?).

Since Gil and good sellable items have been scarce, I've not been doing so hot on item enhancing. I do know people have said it becomes much easier in the later chapters, and Gil kinda starts flowing in.

My question is, for what I assume is each character's "prime role", which weapon is best to upgrade to their ultimate weapons? Correct me if I'm wrong on roles.

Lightning - RAV
Snow - SEN
Vanille - SAB
Hope - MED/RAV (?)
Sazh - SYN/RAV (?)
Fang - COM

I have a few weapons with added effects, like Break Maintenance, Improved Guard, etc. But I don't know what's best.
360GT- PapaSprague
PSN - Dagdamor3725

Dagdamor3725
7 years ago#2
BUMP.
360GT- PapaSprague
PSN - Dagdamor3725

User Info: Dennace

Dennace
7 years ago#3

Decide for yourself: Complete stats graph on all weapons at all upgrade levels including their special abilities.

http://tinyurl.com/yfqkefo

Dagdamor3725
7 years ago#4
I don't know what the heck half of those abilities do, like "Paper Tiger'. Hence why I was asking on here....
360GT- PapaSprague
PSN - Dagdamor3725

User Info: OblivionTy7

OblivionTy7
7 years ago#5
that's sorta right..... basically, when you take into account their 3 major roles:

Light- great as both a Com and/or a Rav just depending on how you wanna set her up, with the ability to be a Med if things get tough

Snow- great Sent with his huge HP, but can easily go offensive with Com and, to a lesser extent and effectiveness, a Rav

Hope- with the highest Magic in the game, he's the best Rav. he also is great at buffing (mainly after he gets Haste) and healing, with Syn and Med respectively

Fang- great Sent, best Com thanks to having the highest attack, and can cast Slow and other useful debuffs as a sab

Vanille- good Rav and Med.... mainly a less extensive version version of Hope with trading Syn for Sab

Sazh- great Syn with the 1st to get Haste, ok Rav... and well, all his other stuff isn't so great >.<
PSN: XRagnarokRiderX
Now Playing: FFXIII and MW2

User Info: lll llllll lll

lll llllll lll
7 years ago#6
Press square in the equipment menu and you get a brief description of the ability.

Dagdamor3725
7 years ago#7
Ok, people are missing the point.

I DO NOT OWN THE GUIDE.

I cannot see what equipment I haven't obtained, so I can't look up what the skill does on a piece of equipment I don't own.

The question about roles was answered. Now the question is, which weapon, for each character, offers the best ability scores (either passive abilities or raw stats) for their "main" roles?
360GT- PapaSprague
PSN - Dagdamor3725

User Info: manlyandy

manlyandy
7 years ago#8
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928790&topic=53894478

Go there. Pages 1 and 7.

User Info: __Alienware__

__Alienware__
7 years ago#9
the gil gets very easy. I walked into chapter 9 with 3,100 and left with about 150,000
PSN: bobula123
If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die. -Kratos
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Best Weapons to Upgrade for Each Character/Role?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived