best place to farm gil or mats?

#1Illusions1980Posted 3/18/2010 10:39:13 PM
So all of my characters are pretty far along, 4/6 roles at level 5, I have about 1 million gil atm. All characters are sitting on maxed tier 2 weapons. I'm looking to start farming gil so I can get their ultimate weapons capped, as well as maxing out accessories and such for the item trophy. Any suggestions for farming gil? The Adamantoise drop the platinum ore I know, which isn't bad, but it gets annoying trying to farm them even using the whole trick with Vanille summoning, then casting Death repeatedly because the chance of Death actually working is so random. Also I know the chocobo digging can yield some items that sell fairly well, but that's also somewhat random.

Basically I'm looking for either A) a place to farm some mobs that drop high valued items, or B) places to farm mobs that drop items that are needed for leveling weapons/accessories, such as dark matter etc. Also yes I know about dismantling the Nirvana/Kain's Lance to get Trapezohedronx3. I already plan to do that a couple times to get all of them that I need.
---
PSN: Illusions1980 www.GameBetties.com
Currently playing: MAG (Raven lv 52), LittleBigPlanet, Final Fantasy XIII
#2Illusions1980(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2010 11:10:29 PM
Anyone?

---
#3Spartan72Posted 3/18/2010 11:11:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Illusions1980(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2010 11:13:13 PM
lol, I've looked at FAQs, and I looked at a few pages of threads I didn't find anything, I could google it or something >.> but just thought I'd make a post to get some different replies on where people like to farm.
---
#5GamjoPosted 3/18/2010 11:13:40 PM
With that setup you can farm them without using the Death spell. Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQLZZVA4mgI

This guy is maxed out but I began farming with the guide he put in the video description pretty much immediately after beating the game. Had maxed all main roles plus a fourth role half way done.
#6GamjoPosted 3/18/2010 11:22:48 PM
Oh and as an addendum, I had to create a MED/SYN/MED setup when I first started cause with SYN/MED/SYN I couldnt handle the damage.
#7Illusions1980(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2010 11:28:45 PM
Yeah I've been wanting to go back and try adamantoise regular, I just haven't yet. I wondering if using the Ochu guide's setup of Fang/Sazh/Hope would help, cause I saw he buffed the part up a bit, but then once the legs were out he swtiched to Sab real quick for some debuffs. With my current setup, everyone has the Tetra crowns and such so they start out pretty well buffed. I wish the the vid was in english, because the only real thing I could discern was what characters and what paradigms he was using. I'm gonna go try these out and see if I can work on my own method to take these down quickly and efficiently, there is an area in Archylite steppe where 2 adamantoise are close to eachother and a save spot for fast save/reloading. He took that one down fairly fast, which with the egg would yield 80,000 CP per kill as well as a possible platinum ingot and trapezohedron. I'll be back in a bit... gonna go try some things.

---
#8Illusions1980(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2010 11:51:54 PM
hmmm.... I figured it out somewhat, but my Highwind only took the leg down to 1/5th >.<
---