Help with Superstar trophy please! Spoilers.

#1NoahsebbPosted 3/24/2010 5:20:49 PM
Okay, so I absolutely beasted all three of the final bosses. 5 stars on first two, easy. Third boss is driving me insane. I tried two recommended strategies. The first was to buff, debuff, stagger, and spam Army of One. Second was to buff, debuff, stagger, and spam death.
2nd tier weapons, full main rolls. Other roles not filled. I want that trophy, I don't want to spend hours farming traps and CP. Already worked on it for 4 hours and didn't get a single trap, even with collector catalog and everything.

Anyway,

Target time, 209. I beat it in 1:50 with AoO and 1:47 with Death. I beat the target time, killed it in first stagger. Three stars both times. I did everything I was told to do.

Please, WTF am I doing wrong? Does using spamming special abilities lower rating or something?

As far as I know, I met all the requirements and still did not get five stars.
#2Omega_GilgameshPosted 3/24/2010 5:25:54 PM
Uh, it's been a while since you got three stars, hasn't it? You have to win the battle in, roughly, 2/3 or less the target time. Beating it by twenty seconds isn't going to cut it. If the target time is 2:09, try for 1:15 or 1:20. Remember, the stronger you get, the lower the Target Time becomes. Also, by beating the last Mark in the game, you get the Golden Watch, which increases Target times.
---
I once saw Balthier Basch Frans Ashe in the back of his Vaan...........while Pennelo watched.-Rikkus_dad
#3DarcKagePosted 3/24/2010 5:27:57 PM
I did this postgame with the golden watch, since I failed to do it back then during the story and got 4 stars.

If you want to do this now, you'll have to make sure you finish him with the first stagger or you're screwed.
---
APOCALYPS3, 28/29-02-10. Never forget.
PSN - Otanii-kun
#4ZiggletoothPosted 3/24/2010 5:28:06 PM
I got the superstar trophy!

you need a speed run rating of 90 stars! hardest trophy I ever got...
---
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming | 28 plts 101 gld 358 svr
Self Proclaimed Ruler of Belgium; PSN Ziggletooth | & a %&$% load of brnz
#5one85xPosted 3/24/2010 5:30:30 PM
I used Light/Fang/Vanille:

1. RAV/SAB/SAB
2. RAV/RAV/RAV
3. COM/COM/RAV

Fang doesn't need to have an arsenal of spells for the fight. Just get her one spell so she can participate in building the chain gauge.
#6kerlixPosted 3/24/2010 5:31:12 PM
I didn't know it was possible not do this with 5 stars.
---
PSN: Drucifer69
"I Survived The ApocalyPS3 2/28/10"
#7ZiggletoothPosted 3/24/2010 5:33:39 PM
and kerlix, I didnt survive the apocalyps3

bioshock 2 98%

got reach rank 40, but not 30... its impossible to get without a fix now
---
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming | 28 plts 101 gld 358 svr
Self Proclaimed Ruler of Belgium; PSN Ziggletooth | & a %&$% load of brnz
#8Noahsebb(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2010 5:35:14 PM
Actually no, I did all my farming at the beginning of chapter 13. Kept the CP because I knew my crystarium would expand. Used ALL of it filling my main roles. So I JUST 3starred it like twenty minutes ago. I'd go for the Golden Watch, but I've put over sixty hours into this game. To be honest, I want it to be over.
But I also want that Lightning theme. :p

So, your advice is "Do it faster."

Good to know I have to be faster, but would you suggest a different strategy? How can I speed it up?
Thank you!
#9ShikomizuePosted 3/24/2010 5:39:40 PM
I got my Superstar trophy the first try doing it pre-ending, seems you already got the tactic down for the first battles so no need telling what to use there. Right at the moment the fight starts, hit the start button and retry. Change your characters to your top three strength users and make the settings like this, Lighting as your leader then Tri-disaster (Rav,Rav,Rav), Aggression (Rav,Com,Com), Cerberus (Com,Com,Com).

Step One: As the battle starts blast the boss with all three Ravagers until you get stagger.
Step Two: Once stagged switch to Aggression and use Army of One three times.
Step Three: Once near 999% Stagger, Cerberus and go all out.

If done right and your characters have enough strength, one stagger is enough to kill it. My record for it is 1:07 pre-ending, faster now since I could use role level 5
---
Currently Playing Final Fantasy 13 - Working on Master's Seal Trophy
#10Panda_Bear_AlPosted 3/24/2010 5:49:25 PM

Lightning/Fang/Snow - Characters

Rav/Rav/Rav, Com/Com/Com - Paradigms

Reset the battle as soon as it begins if these aren't your party members. Make Tri-Disaster your default paradigm, spam auto battle, when staggered switch to Com/Com/Com (can't remember name atm) juggle and win.