what is collector catalog use for?

#1ExkopizerPosted 3/26/2010 11:19:22 AM
i just finished mission 8. and i got collector catalog. i think, i read it somewhere about how usefull this thing is. but i seems to forget. can u guys tell me, what is collector catalog, and what mission can we collect GIL?? mission 7 or 8??
---
xbox60gamertag: exkopizer PSN: EXKOWIZER
"IF WE MAKE IT TROUGH THIS, I'LL TELL YOU"
#2AznKnightPosted 3/26/2010 11:20:42 AM
the Collector is used for increasing the drop rate for common drops.

Mission 7 is where you'll farm for gold (for the crowns/tiaras) but I think having the Rare Drop Catalog (name escapes me at the moment) would be more useful here.
#3asylum240Posted 3/26/2010 11:21:31 AM
the collector catalog ups the drop rate on some items, it actually tells you that when you highlight the item in game. so far its has been kinda useless for me, maybe you'll have better luck than me.
#4shweppyPosted 3/26/2010 11:22:09 AM
Collectors catalog increases the drop% for common items. Once you upgrade it, it increases the drop rate for rare items.

---
There are plenty of ways to go wrong with 10 bucks. You can find a lot of them at the free clinic.
#5Exkopizer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2010 11:28:18 AM
is collector catalog also the same as Rare Drop Catalog??
u mean i have to upgrade it, so i can get rare drops.. to tell u the truth, in this FF13 game, i really dont know how to evaluate which item is rare which item is common.
because its not like previous FF, where they have stats.. in this game, they just a drop. so, can u guys tell me , how can i know, and what this drops use for?
sorry for the noob question..

and one more, i seems can't find mission 6 and 7. after finish mission 5, i just found mission 8,9,10. where is 6 and 7 stone?
---
#6Exkopizer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2010 11:37:50 AM
is collector catalog also the same as Rare Drop Catalog??
u mean i have to upgrade it, so i can get rare drops.. to tell u the truth, in this FF13 game, i really dont know how to evaluate which item is rare which item is common.
because its not like previous FF, where they have stats.. in this game, they just a drop. so, can u guys tell me , how can i know, and what this drops use for?
sorry for the noob question..

and one more, i seems can't find mission 6 and 7. after finish mission 5, i just found mission 8,9,10. where is 6 and 7 stone?
---
#7AznKnightPosted 3/26/2010 11:51:38 AM
Collector is only for common drops. Not rare items. I think the Catalog for rare drops is called the Connoisseur Catalog.

If you used Libra/Librascope on the enemy, it will then show which drop is common and which one is rare when you press R1.

For mission 6 and 7, they are in the same area. Hard for me to describe, but in Yassif something its one of the pathways that will take you to a new area.