why no limit breaks

#1jayboicoolPosted 8/8/2010 9:15:31 PM
what's a final fantasy without it's limit break I wouldn't really call http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMRB1wIy2kc one *sigh*
#2CervosiPosted 8/8/2010 9:21:53 PM
Because staggering is more than effective enough?

And considering their capabilities, I wouldn't rule out the Unique Skills as not-limit breaks.

Army of One, Last Resort, and Cold Blood skyrocket the Chain Bonus once an enemy is staggered, leading to more damage.

Highwind and Soverign Fist deal damage proportionate to the Chain bonus, 999% Being best, of course, and being enormously huge if it is. It wipes the chain bonus to 0% though.

Death is..Death. No explanation.

The 3 Ravager skills are definitely flashy enough.
---
Would you say what you mean, or mean what you say?
Megaman Starforce 3 FC: 4340-7023-4737
#3ripshirtPosted 8/8/2010 9:22:01 PM
what's a final fantasy without it's limit break

it's FF1-5
---
Moms are tough
#4icaris420247Posted 8/8/2010 10:10:20 PM
If you think about it, limit breaks are highly special damaging or supportive spells. and each character has them, Light has Army of Hua, Vanille has Death, etc.... these are for the one characters only and simply can be used anytime, i think these replaced Limits.

The paradigm shifting takes precedence over earning a limit since the shifting is required in many battles to get a high rating, so i think they simply made "limits" a anytime cast.

PSN: R420247
#5Fladnag135Posted 8/8/2010 10:21:20 PM

Light has Army of Hua,

I lol'ed, and then looked up if Hua actually was something and found this (not nitpicking your typing at all, I laugh at my own typing mistakes all the time)...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/HUA

Quite the dangerous move that would be O.o
---
The individual desires judgment. Without that desire, the cohesion of groups is impossible, and so is civilization.
#6K9Kquick 2Posted 8/8/2010 11:50:29 PM
I think the real question here is why limits at all? Especially in a game like this one.

---
I like cheese.
#7HushfallPosted 8/9/2010 12:03:48 AM
It wouldn't fit thematically with the stringent limits already present in-game.

At least, that's my clever take on it. :p
#8MasajubPosted 8/9/2010 3:16:44 AM
The closest thing to limit breaks in this game is the stagger system. Unfortunately, staggering is nowhere near is fun as limit breaks were.

I think 'Overclock' mode was originally the limit break system for the game but they took it out. It would have been nice to have another way to break up the monotony of most of the boss battles but oh well.I believe monotony is what they were aiming for in this game. This is why they took out towns, not any of this 'PS3 can't handle towns' garbage.
#9Snowx_Posted 8/9/2010 3:19:44 AM
How on earth were Limit breaks "fun"? Hit one button, watch 9999 damage, win? Woohoo.
---
FFXIII sales 1 - Haters 0
#10squall1981Posted 8/9/2010 3:25:44 AM
another thing square decided to leave out of this poor game. its all graphics and no content im afraid
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcK7Y9VSs5M&feature=related