FF 13 had weak antagonists ( i guess spoilers )

#1LiquidMGSolidPosted 9/18/2010 4:08:30 AM
I played all the ff series except ff11 and this one wasin my opinion the least compelling . I did not like the antagonists and the story was very dry .

FF7 had sephiroth, jenova, turks .
FF8 had seifer, edea and i didnt mind the fact edea wasnt the main antagonist . But it was pretty mad how the gardens clashed and you run through the warzone then you fight a few bosses...
FF9 I guess it had kuja , the black waltzes & the 2 clowns etc, beatrix..
FF10 had seymour and sin , though i liked how seymour was part of the plot for the duration.
FF12 This one also didnt seem to have a recurring antagonist but i did enjoy the game . It had the knights i think off memory it was 1 battle per member but that was still cool its like picking off a super team 1 by 1.
FF13 I guess it had cid raines and rosche . I must admit the cid raines battle was pretty epic . And Rosche was always using machines but still it was ok . Dysley was ... annoying I should of fought Nabaat then Dysley lol .
I like Albert Wesker as a antagonist also . Recurring role through the series.

It just didnt feel like there was a diverse amount of bosses in ff13 Falcie wow I love battling crystals with mechanical parts.

So what does everyone think whats do you think FF13 had to make it so good antagonist wise ? And dont you think the previous entries had a better diversity in bosses ?

Dont get me wrong i liked the game but it was a epic game I could easily put the game down and not play it for a few weeks and I wouldnt know the difference.

---
PSN: Serionus
#2AmanofanPosted 9/18/2010 4:13:14 AM
12 had the best villains, in my not at all humble opinion.
13 had the worst villains. Evil Robo-Pope could have been really cool, but the developers failed spectacularly at making him an interesting villain.
---
---
Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
#3AndoYzermanPosted 9/18/2010 4:41:30 AM
TC, have you played FF, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV and FFVI?
#4AmanofanPosted 9/18/2010 4:45:32 AM
^Kefka was a great villain.
---
---
Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
#5LiquidMGSolid(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2010 4:51:39 AM
I have played FF1,2,4,5,6 I only have not played FF3
---
#6LiquidMGSolid(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2010 4:55:16 AM
Yeah Kefta was a pretty good villian i think thats the one where you fight a mutated tree of kefta lol ?Its been so long I just remember vsing a large tree of villians and at the top he had a halo or something
---
#7Thomastm3Posted 9/18/2010 4:55:45 AM
FF13 dysley was epic you have to kill this huge god like thing with awesome music whats not to like. sure maybe a few other final fantasys had awesome bosses but this one is just as good.
#8Orasion_SeizPosted 9/18/2010 5:39:04 AM
FFII

The Emperor...

---
A cell phone holds all a girl's sweetest and spiciest secrets! - Phoenix Wright
#9IlluminaZer0Posted 9/18/2010 5:43:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10IlluminaZer0Posted 9/18/2010 5:44:39 AM
FF12 had weak antagonists, since they would have made far better protagonist anti-heroes. Vayne is more sympathisable, has better goals, and heroic than Ashe IMO.

FF13 Barthandelous is awesome IMO. A lot of people don't seem to understand that not only is he intentionally being a douchebag to get the party to chase him, but he is only one of a collaboration of antagonists (Barthandelous, Eden, and Orphan). Barthandelous plays manipulates the party into doing exactly what he wants up until into the ending, after his (planned) death. His constant trolling is pretty funny (cosplaying as Serah, hugging Snow) and awesome.