what do the elemental symbols mean in libra

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. what do the elemental symbols mean in libra
6 years ago#1
Can anyone tell me from top to bottom what are the meaning of the elemental colored circles when you use libra to access enemy intel? Thanks.
6 years ago#2
Fire
Ice
Thunder
Water
Wind
Earth
Physical
Magic
There's no way in hell a thirty year old set of guitar strings would stay in tune unless Jesus himself pissed on them.
6 years ago#3
Keep in mind that the staff symbol (Magic) on the bottom refers only to Commando magic (Ruin).
Lightning is beautiful! Join us if you agree! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/56777320
6 years ago#4
I'm pretty sure it applies to any magic. The AI will use strikes if an enemy has magic resistance.
Gamertag: GotACoolName
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
6 years ago#5
^He's right.

Any physical or magical resistant will take priority first and cover all the other elements. Hey, why else do you think the Guis are so hard to damage with Imperil+En- buffs?
'People who have died can not cry anymore, so I cry for them.'-Momo of Shinigami no Ballad
6 years ago#6
Keep in mind that the staff symbol (Magic) on the bottom refers only to Commando magic (Ruin).

No, it refers to all magic, and the resistance factors of physical/magic stack with that of the six elements. If an enemy has Fire and Magic at "Halved" and you hit them with a RAV's Fire or a COM's Ruin (with Enfire buff), they take 1/4 the normal damage, and if they're weak to Fire and Magic and you hit them with a Fire spell, they take 4x damage instead. That's pretty much the main method of dealing heavy damage in this game.
"Come on, the worst that could happen is we all die."
--Jade Curtiss~ Tales of the Abyss
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. what do the elemental symbols mean in libra

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived