ff13-2

#1antoinejonesPosted 1/18/2011 7:10:51 AM
1) is this game is a sequel to FF13 then how is it that lightning went from wearin futuristic looking attire to armor and a sword that looks like middle ages sort (well maybe not middle ages but definitely not as technological/futuristic as her F13 wardrobe and weapon.

2) how is it that this game is coming out at the same year as FF13-versus when FF13-versus started development first and it took them a "million years" to get that one done? Does that mean 13-2 is just gonna be some thrown together crap considering its development life wasnt half as long as 13 or versus?

hopefully it wont take them long to localize this or versus.... ff13 in japan came out in december whereas we got it in march.. only a mere 3 months hopefully the wait for 13-2 and versus are equally brief
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#2Meowster34Posted 1/18/2011 7:16:46 AM
Possible obvious spoilers

1. The epilogue hints that Lightning heads to a 'new world' or some such. Another explanation could be that some time has passed on Gran Pulse and they had to adapt. Armor certainly would be a top priority when you are faced with behemoths and flying dragon things every day. Cocoon is uninhabitable, so there isn't exactly much to use.

2. The game uses assets from XIII. The reason XIII took so long was the development of the engine; well, the engine is done, and I presume this game has been worked on for maybe half a year or a couple of months. With the engine already created and a scenario, all they to do is make the locations. Versus XIII seems stagnant as Nomura refuses to reveal anything recent about his game (his latest trailer is from old builds of the game) and is constantly updating the engine to make the graphics as beautiful as possible.
#3sinTonyPosted 1/18/2011 7:32:08 AM
to answer ur #1 think about this .. u know how to use computers but if u get dropped off in the middle of the woods with just teh clothes on ur back ur not gonna be able to build a computer
#4W_Mark_Felt_SrPosted 1/18/2011 7:35:44 AM
It looks like the Middle Ages because it pretty much is the Middle Ages. Lightning time traveled to the past. This is the War of Transgression. At least that's my theory.

---
Not changing this sig until Square Enix reveals that codename FORTRESS is actually FINAL FANTASY XV.
You read it first on GameFAQs.
#5Meowster34Posted 1/18/2011 7:40:13 AM
It looks like the Middle Ages because it pretty much is the Middle Ages. Lightning time traveled to the past. This is the War of Transgression. At least that's my theory.

Interesting theory. Wasn't something I thought about.. I kind of like it.
#6LewsTheDragonPosted 1/18/2011 7:41:40 AM
Given the image of Lightning they released, it seems quite probable.

Then again, Toriyama has never been a fan of making any sort of sense whatsoever, so who the **** knows.
---
I Love Christians. They Taste Like Chicken.
Praying Is Politically Correct Schizophrenia.
#7marspandaPosted 1/18/2011 8:50:54 AM
I like the theory too. That makes me feel a whole lot better about the look, actually.
#8Chickity_ChinaPosted 1/18/2011 8:52:59 AM

W_Mark_Felt_Sr posted...

If she changes history then that would undo everything that happened in XIII and completely change the canon. It's too early to speculate on the plot imo but traveling back in time seems least plausible.

#9Motion_Type_SPosted 1/18/2011 8:55:34 AM
She likely adapted to her surroundings.
---
R.I.P. Garuda Server FFXI :(
FFXIV Server - Selbina
#10Asd202Posted 1/18/2011 10:30:23 AM
Men you got things wrong Versus is not coming this year no chance in hell.