Gran pulse CP/gil grinding?

#1BlazeAssassinPosted 8/9/2011 3:53:18 PM
I just got to gran pulse. I've played the game once before but didn't beat it and I definitely remember being able to grind obscene amounts of gil and CP in gran pulse but I don't quite remember how I got started. I remember that eventually I was able to work my way up to those gigantic turtle things that stomp around but my party is not nearly strong enough for that on this playthrough yet.

So can someone sort of give me a mini step by step "guide" for where I can grind out some easy CP on what monsters and then when its safe to move on to the next better thing that gives even more? Something like that. Gil would be awesome as well since I could definitely use some weapon upgrades, I didn't do any of that yet. Thanks for any tips/advice.
#2fphjr01Posted 8/9/2011 4:11:35 PM
Do the missions -- when you finish M14 you get access to chocobos and can dig up items that sell for cash, but no CP. If that doesn't do it for you, progress to taejin's tower, finish the boss on the top floor, then return and fight M24 over and over for cash and CP. 6k gil and 6k cp / fight. Only things better than that are in Ch13 (sacrifices) and turtles.
#3OnyxGraphPosted 8/9/2011 7:01:44 PM
Quick and easy Cp farming starting in Base camp and run along to Yaschas massif first area then going back in Base camp, theres a lone Behemoth king nearby the save station along in the first area of Archylte steppe between Vallis media to respawn it simply run in the Cieth stone nearby make sure to approach behind it for preemptive strike. In Mah'habara entrance Maw of abyss area and before the save station where Juggernaut is sleeping do not approach it simply run back to the entrance and repeat goin back. In Taejins tower on the bottom of Fifth tier stairway there should be a total of five Pulsework gladiators to farm in this small area to force them to respawn head up the staircase run through the room where this lone Vampire is walking side ways just ignore it then make the short return journey. The addtional spoils are also a welcome bonus for the journey, please refer to the section of Gil farming of the Adamantoises/Sacrifices etc. for the well developed party or until post-game later.
---
"Are sins ever forgiven..." Cloud Strife Final Fantasy VII
#4da_zagatPosted 8/10/2011 5:37:52 AM
OnyxGraph posted...
In Mah'habara entrance Maw of abyss area and before the save station where Juggernaut is sleeping do not approach it simply run back to the entrance and repeat goin back.

You can attack the Juggernaut, but just push start and retry. This will respawn everything in the hall way except for the pack of 4 that is right out side the juggernaut tunnel entrance. (Not sure why that pack doesn't respawn til you go back to the entrance.) Right after you retry the juggernaut fight just run back down the tunnel to the save point at the entrance of the mines and turnaround and go back to the juggernaut again. I haven't gone past chapter 11 yet and I could get 40k cp in 10 minutes running this path.
#5BlazeAssassin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2011 8:10:14 AM
Thanks for the tips so far, I've also seen a lot of youtube videos that suggest fighting the 2 behemoths that are fighting one another for an easy 6k. Is that still a viable option or do you need a lot of levels before you can do that well?
#6da_zagatPosted 8/10/2011 8:51:43 AM
BlazeAssassin posted...
Thanks for the tips so far, I've also seen a lot of youtube videos that suggest fighting the 2 behemoths that are fighting one another for an easy 6k. Is that still a viable option or do you need a lot of levels before you can do that well?

There is a place with a Behemoth and another big guy fighting that i can't remember the name of that gives 6kish cp. It's pretty easy. It's easy to get a preemptive strike on them. Just kill the behemoth first while its attention is on the other thing. The other guy is easily handled when the behemoth is dead.

Although, I think it would be quicker to attack that single behemoth that someone mentioned earlier. It's only 4k compared to 6k, but i think it is quicker. On that one, just get a preemptive on it, and it takes hardly anytime at all. Then just experiment with how far you need to run to respawn it and find the minimum distance. You wont have to run far.