The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Help with Vanille's eidolon

#1lwfc6Posted 5/23/2012 2:06:12 PM
im not sure if that's spelled right, but it's the battle in chapter 11 when your Vanille and Fang vs. Hectowhatever.
Now i've searched around and no strategy is working so i'm asking the board. here are my character details so i can get the best advice.

Fang - level 4 sab. level 3 sent. level 2 com. hp - 2560 (including two bangles) level 15 bladed lance

Vanille - level 4 ravager, level 3 sab. level 2 medic. hp - 2460 (with bangles) level 16 binding rod.

i build his Target up well having both of the Sabs, but once he attacks Fang i make her a sent and vanille a medic, but after his first attack i'm just using cure and potions until he k.o.s me. i never get enough time to attack as a Sab.

is it possible to equiip more than 2 items (i.e. bangles)? if so, how can i get my characters more inventory spots. one more thing is i've seen videos online with hp like 4000, 5000 at this point in the game, is that just from leveling all the characters crystarium's instead of just one (i.e. only leveling up Comm for Lightning and nothing else)

i know it's long, confusing, but this boss is driving me nuts! i'd appreciate some feedback.
thanks
---
playing: new vegas & skate 2
#2Moomba33Posted 5/23/2012 2:25:36 PM(edited)
You should be leveling all three of a characters primary roles (the three they had unlocked before chapter 10) for natural stat and ability progression.
Extra accessory slots are gained through the Crystarium, similar to abilities.
For this battle, it is a good idea to start with Fang as a commando so she will run up to the boss to attack him, then switch her to a Sentinel.
This will help to separate her from Vanille so they won't both be hit by the bosses attacks.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#3tiornysPosted 5/23/2012 2:29:14 PM(edited)
Check the low level strategy (and video) here: http://gamefaqs.com/boards/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/62711033

Let me know if you have any questions.

t~
#4DigitalDicePosted 5/23/2012 2:30:06 PM
Characters should focus on all three of their primary roles. Secondaries occasionally have some handy grabs early on, but primaries are where you find the really meaty abilities and stat bonuses. Bonuses to stats apply across all roles, so neglecting any means you'll be subpar in your stats.

The most popular strat for this fight involves having Fang start as a COM so she runs up close to the eidolon (and more importantly, distances herself from Vanille), and then keep her in SEN the whole fight. Vanille alternates between SAB when she can, and MED when Fang needs healing. Raising an eidolon's gestalt gauge is mostly about what the primary character does. Allies are only there for support and a touch of chaining boost.
#5alt_realityPosted 5/23/2012 3:02:02 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/62886824

That works too.
---
"We running out of time!" Sigurd, Typogears
#6lwfc6(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 5:17:07 PM
I DID IT!!!!!
fang getting up close did the trick.
i love all of you so much, i wish i could invite you all to my next birthday! maybe we can all skype sometime.

fang is deff the butch of these two, if ya catch my wiff!
hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahah lololololol

lyk3 sooo00o0o0o0o00o0o00o happy i can like do dis
---
playing: ff13, skate 3, prototype 2
#7Moomba33Posted 5/23/2012 5:37:07 PM
Congrats! :)
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#8tiornysPosted 5/23/2012 8:34:01 PM
Moomba33 posted...
Congrats! :)

+1

And have fun moving forward ^_^

t~
#9pat221Posted 5/25/2012 8:54:02 AM
lwfc6 posted...
im not sure if that's spelled right, but it's the battle in chapter 11 when your Vanille and Fang vs. Hectowhatever.
Now i've searched around and no strategy is working so i'm asking the board. here are my character details so i can get the best advice.

Fang - level 4 sab. level 3 sent. level 2 com. hp - 2560 (including two bangles) level 15 bladed lance

Vanille - level 4 ravager, level 3 sab. level 2 medic. hp - 2460 (with bangles) level 16 binding rod.

i build his Target up well having both of the Sabs, but once he attacks Fang i make her a sent and vanille a medic, but after his first attack i'm just using cure and potions until he k.o.s me. i never get enough time to attack as a Sab.

is it possible to equiip more than 2 items (i.e. bangles)? if so, how can i get my characters more inventory spots. one more thing is i've seen videos online with hp like 4000, 5000 at this point in the game, is that just from leveling all the characters crystarium's instead of just one (i.e. only leveling up Comm for Lightning and nothing else)

i know it's long, confusing, but this boss is driving me nuts! i'd appreciate some feedback.
thanks

This is funny, I posted the same exact help message shortly before you did. :-) The advice in my thread by alt_reality would probably work, so I'll have to keep that in mind if I play again.