Some hilarious Mistilteinn fun~

#31Ladysoalluring(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2012 8:20:02 PM(edited)
Ahh sorry if I wasn't very clear, I finally went ahead and taught Vanille Faithra :)

Her Commando is still only RL3 though and Snow's only L4 RAV/L3 SAB ;D

New - 1.47

Edit - 1.44!

Edit 2 - 1.42 ;D

I made a few small but finite fine tuning tweaks to my paradigms - changing my starting SAB/SAB/SAB to SAB/SAB/RAV (Snow) and changing MED/MED/MED to MED/RAV (Snow)

Happy with this. Going to go ahead and upgrade Snow's RAV/SAB I think =)

Notes -

*Vanille has been finishing the fight hitting for 500'000

*Vanille has been taking out the legs without Adrenaline active (and this was before changing my starting deck) ;D

*During my earlier testings one time a leg had been staggered, both allies were down and Vanille was on low HP, she hit for 999'999 without Adrenaline

*For my most recent and best times Vanille is not only taking the legs out without Adrenaline but pre stagger too ;D

*I am indeed using Death Commando for the legs in case anyone was wondering :)
---
Official "Vanille" of the Dissidia Duodecim boards
#32GavvinPosted 6/23/2012 12:40:03 AM
Will mess around with Mistilteinn/Long Gui when I have some time.

Im thinking Imperil, Deshell and Poison, see how much chaining is really needed to reach 1million and spam Death.
#33joan2468Posted 6/23/2012 6:08:42 AM
Ladysoalluring posted...
Good luck joan! :)

Yeah good times indeed. Good to see you around again :)

How did you find FFXIII-2?

I haven't finished it yet - I'm about 40 hours in and at AF300 Oerba, but I have to say I'm actually sorely missing FFXIII's difficulty in XIII-2. Battles feel like they finish too quickly for me, I've only been using Cerberus and Relentless Assault for randoms and I haven't even been paying special attention to my Crystarium or monster development, I've just been winging it where that's concerned. It doesn't feel right >__>

Also I definitely miss having more than just 2 playable characters. Monsters just don't do it for me. And Serah and Noel are poor substitutes for the original XIII cast imho, though I really appreciate Serah's weapon since it combines two of my favourite things :D

Overall I'm just having mixed feelings about it, I guess. The revised battle system is great and having no initial Paradigm Shift animation makes things smoother, but I have yet to reach a point where I'm really savouring the improvement. I don't have online access for my PS3 either so no DLC for me :l
---
I don't like to believe in religion.
#34GavvinPosted 6/23/2012 10:09:08 AM
In a Feng Shui attack I cleaned most of my XIII saves when I started XIII-2, kept the maxed crystarium one.

Have to play through the whole game again to take on Long Gui at Stage 9.
#35wheresatariPosted 6/23/2012 5:12:42 PM
joan2468 posted...

I haven't finished it yet - I'm about 40 hours in and at AF300 Oerba, but I have to say I'm actually sorely missing FFXIII's difficulty in XIII-2. Battles feel like they finish too quickly for me, I've only been using Cerberus and Relentless Assault for randoms and I haven't even been paying special attention to my Crystarium or monster development, I've just been winging it where that's concerned. It doesn't feel right >__>

Also I definitely miss having more than just 2 playable characters. Monsters just don't do it for me. And Serah and Noel are poor substitutes for the original XIII cast imho, though I really appreciate Serah's weapon since it combines two of my favourite things :D

Overall I'm just having mixed feelings about it, I guess. The revised battle system is great and having no initial Paradigm Shift animation makes things smoother, but I have yet to reach a point where I'm really savouring the improvement. I don't have online access for my PS3 either so no DLC for me :l

There are a few of us here with the no DLC thing going on, so you're not alone. As for the difficulty, that's the main issue everybody complains about when comparing the two...and it's completely spot on. The monster thing is about split I'd say.
---
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
-The Lord Jesus Christ. John 14 verse 6.
#36GavvinPosted 6/26/2012 11:57:37 PM
Already started replaying the game, currently at Chapter 9, I had forgotten how much I loved XIII.

This game is much more challenging. DLC battles aside, XIII-2 is indeed very easy. When it comes to Paradigm shifting, XIII-2 is extremely smooth, and Im not referring solely to the first Shift animation, its noticeable every time we shift. If only the difference could be solved with a patch of sorts. :)