Is this game for me? Currently playing.

#1dxenobia333Posted 7/23/2012 7:51:28 PM
The first couple of times I played this game, I got stuck in Caleron Lab now playing through, without saying any spoilers, lets just say I got to a town called Haruna.

I dunno, seems I just struggle to keep interest in going. I want to finish it due to it being a Suikoden game and its a fairly enjoyable game, its just so far, doesn't really captivate me that much, not much individuality between characters. Best thing about this game is probably the cool cooperative attacks in which I believe cooperative attacks in this game are better than they are in any other Suikoden. I just kinda want to move on to Suikoden 5. Don't get me wrong, I love good strategy rpgs, but this definitely isn't as fun as Final Fantasy Tactics, Shining Force 3 for Sega Saturn, or even Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (all of which I find to be great games though). In fact, playing this kinda makes me want to play Shining Force 3 for Sega Saturn where characters have their own awesome very unique stats, strengths, weaknesses, weapons, armor, and special moves.

I don't want to dog on this game, its not a bad game certainly, honestly, I enjoyed Suikoden 4 more within the first 15-20 hours (albeit, thats nearly the whole Suikoden 4 game) than Suikoden Tactics. I am actually though a Suikoden 4 fan and do enjoy that game very much.

Well, I don't really know if this topic went much of anywhere, but if anybody has a good answer for me, let me know.

I haven't played through Suikoden 5 by the way so no spoilers please.
---
Legendary Games - Suikoden 1,2,Final Fantasy6,7,8, DanceDanceRevolution, TalesofDestiny2, StarOcean 2. StreetFighter3:3rdStrike, Guardian Heroes
#2DarthMordechaiPosted 7/23/2012 10:26:41 PM
If you don't want to play it aymore then don't. Nobody is forcing you to play a game you aren't enjoying
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
LADIES WATCH OUT FOR YOUR MAN HE MAY BE TRYING TO EAT 50 MCNUGGETS AS YOU READ THIS
#3Spiteful_CrowPosted 7/24/2012 5:10:47 AM
If you're not enjoying the game then it probably isn't for you.
---
"Truth and clarity are complementary."--Niels Bohr
#4Bishop_SasaraiPosted 7/27/2012 5:20:45 AM
Stop playing and play Suikoden V or III or whatever else.
---
Fellow gamers...PSN ID is HarmoniaVictor.
#5Hotel_SecurityPosted 7/27/2012 10:30:21 AM
No. You MUST play this. And you must complete all the sidequests and go through the Obel Ruins over and over to do so.
#6SolVanderlynPosted 8/1/2012 12:56:34 PM
Is there really a need to be so sarcastic, guys?

In my opinion, I would soldier through this game. I'm having the same general sentiments about it - I'm at Caleron right now, myself. However, I keep hearing about how this game adds to Suikoden IV's story to the point where it feels more "complete." So far, it certainly seems to be heading in that direction. Kooluk needed more exposition in IV, and it seems to be getting it here...

The Suikoden universe is always a joy to explore. I feel like Tactics, while a side story, has a solid enough plot to be worth playing through.

That said, you'll enjoy V no matter what you choose to do. It's on par with the first three games, if not more enjoyable than I and III. Save the best for last, I say!
#7dxenobia333(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2012 8:28:02 PM
Actually Sol, I just finished Suikoden 5 for the first time yesterday, go to the Suiko 5 board if you wanna read my reviews on it.
---
Legendary Games - Suikoden 1,2,Final Fantasy6,7,8, DanceDanceRevolution, TalesofDestiny2, StarOcean 2. StreetFighter3:3rdStrike, Guardian Heroes
#8Very_UnreliablePosted 8/3/2012 5:48:33 PM
DarthMordechai posted...
If you don't want to play it aymore then don't. Nobody is forcing you to play a game you aren't enjoying

You're a horrible user, I have no clue why you haven't been banned in all these years.
---
RyuGigas
#9DarthMordechaiPosted 8/3/2012 11:54:21 PM
Hahaha, what are you even talking about dude?
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
LADIES WATCH OUT FOR YOUR MAN HE MAY BE TRYING TO EAT 50 MCNUGGETS AS YOU READ THIS
#10Very_UnreliablePosted 8/4/2012 1:39:50 PM
DarthMordechai posted...
Hahaha, what are you even talking about dude?

I find you insufferable.
---
RyuGigas