A dozen blows = a million claws = best normal attack

#1ladapop6Posted 5/12/2013 11:07:42 AM
I did an attack comparison a while ago and I wanted to repost some of the info with a minor adjustment.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928828-spectral-souls-resurrection-of-the-ethereal/55198292

In terms of a normal attack with the same weapon,

AP cost……….BY NAIZ……….……….……….……….……….……….…….....….……….……….……….damage/ap
18 ………. million claws x 2 ....…. dpple ciel ………. one target ………. 250000 ………. SP stays ………. 13889
18 ………. dozen blows x 2 …...…. dpple ciel ………. one target ………. 249588 ………. SP stays……….13866
16 ………. decouple attack ........ dpple ciel ………. one target ………. 129331 ………. SP Stays ………. 8083
19 ………. berserk ……...........…. dpple ciel ………. one target ………. 282667 ………. SP stays ………. 14877
16 ………. decouple attack ……. dpple ciel ………. one target ………. 129331 ………. SP Stays ………. 8083

A dozen blows and a million claws are the best single attacks. I'm pretty sure their damage formula is the exact same. The only caveat is the weapons equip-able on the ppl who can use either attack (spears, staff, gloves) aren't the strongest. You can never have a sword user or great sword user doing a dozen blows or a million claws w.o cwcheat.

However, it does mean that if you're looking for a really strong physical attack option for someone who has a beast slot and can't use fist, A dozen blows is prime. Also, the other useful monster skills, ie..breath attacks, overcome evasion and parry, so they're useful for killing parry'd up ppl and dolls with high evasion. The best one you can equip being Rotting breath, which is poison 'element'
#21ofaDragonPosted 5/13/2013 11:13:08 AM
Though you can't make much of gore crush, which has no ripping power.
---
spectral souls post game maniac
#3ladapop6(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 12:07:01 PM
if you're stuck without dozen blows or million claws, and restricted to sword/great sword, then decouple attacks your next best bet before going for the crush skills.
#41ofaDragonPosted 5/13/2013 3:01:21 PM
hmmm... I rate decouple attack very lowly.
---
#5ladapop6(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 6:30:47 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928828-spectral-souls-resurrection-of-the-ethereal/55198292

I rate it higher : )
#6FuhFuhFreshPosted 5/13/2013 9:08:38 PM
Decouple Attack is the best single user skill for anyone except for fist or short sword users.
---
Optimization fiend. Current obsession: Blazing Souls Accelate
#7ladapop6(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 5:04:00 AM
Fresh! It's really good to see you!

I decided to try another replay of SS, I was playing a bunch of games I didn't really like as much so I finally stopped doing that and came back here..even though it is like 5 or 6 years old haha. It's crazy how many of your old post I refer to for guidance.

If you have a sec, I actually had a quick question for you. I started using power charge this playthrough and I'm really liking it but not sure how it works. The description says it doubles damage? but does it doesn't seem to do that. Does it really just double your strength stat? Trying to decide when it's worth using it vs doing an extra attack. I suppose with long chains like ATD or special skills, lv 3 or 4 perhaps?

Also, I never used shiro before but I'm using him this playthrough as a straight magician. Equipped him w genbu gauntlet for the earth/ice slots so with Hillo or corwin, they can pull off a feighnbrood or tempest. I pumped 400 pp into him at level 1 and put all his level up stat points into vit first then agi/int. With the double growth in two out of those three he's becoming a magical beast! He'll prob be the first character ill ever hit 999 in a stat with. I also didn't know the combo spells are usually centered around the castor? I always thought it was some random algorithm and crossed my fingers with every cast that it'd hopefully hit as many foes as possible. haha, better late than never!

ps, i saw your posting about how to make a dragon bender early on = simply awesome.
#81ofaDragonPosted 5/14/2013 10:33:47 AM
It's because I just have so much less likeliness of using it the way I battle and set up my characters but it can still of good, dependable usage.
---
#9ladapop6(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 6:34:44 AM
ladapop6 posted...
I started using power charge this playthrough and I'm really liking it but not sure how it works. The description says it doubles damage? but does it doesn't seem to do that.

Update, just saw in the MAG section of the skill, it says exactly what it does. Power charge MAG says its gives a 150% boost to attack power even though the description says it doubles.
---
The weak always pretend to be strong. While the strong know their limits and recognize the skill of others. -Hillo