this or firepro?

#1weinarmanPosted 12/4/2007 2:33:44 PM
whats your guys opinion. i dont know which one to trade my buddies.
#2Dogg420187Posted 12/4/2007 4:42:54 PM
This game a Fn great but ......I just got Fire Pro a lil while ago and let me tell you its a Gem as well. so its hard to say....
---
2007 Ravens(4-8)(pats suck)
Dallas Cowboys(11-1)F - Yea ! ! !
#3zeroroomPosted 12/5/2007 1:03:20 PM
Fire pro sucks ass! The gameplay sucks and the graphics look like early super nintendo. Makes me sick to my stomachjust thinking about .
#4FeiBenaresPosted 12/5/2007 7:13:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5_chopsticks_Posted 12/5/2007 10:13:08 PM
Never played Fire Pro.

---
http://RatedY2J.tz4.com
Chopsticks >>> Forks. People that agree with me: 29
#6KaoticEnigmaPosted 12/6/2007 2:12:34 PM
It depends. Disregard what was said about Super Nintendo graphics, that's prepostorous. You can tell yourself if you want, search for super fire pro wrestling premium x - that actually is on Super Nintendo....then compare it to videos of Fire Pro returns, and you can tell that the graphics are MUCH improved and very crisp when compared to the SNES.

It is 2D though.

As for the rest of the package...it's up to you. Fire Pro has the ability to have over 800 wrestlers. That is not a typo. Eight HUNDRED. And they're all unique. You can customize ring logos, the ring itself, belts, characters, and even referees, down to how fast they count and how lenient or strict they are. You can tweak how often wrestlers do moves, their behavior, aggressiveness....ok, to sum it up, Fire Pro lets you customize just about EVERYTHING. The gameplay is great, but its aimed to be a wrestling SIM. This doesn't have any arcade-y components at all. Aside from the graphics that is. And it has no story mode, you just make them up in your head as you go.

SvR is SvR. If you've played one, you've played them all, except with tweaks and upgrades (and I use that term loosely) every year. CAW is pretty expansive, and you can make belts and entrances. But as far as customizing goes, SvR couldn't hold Fire Pro's jock strap. SvR is also a kind of sim/arcade mix, and thus it's gameplay feels very much like a game, but it looks pretty. And there's a story mode.

So basically, it's a question of, do you like graphics or gameplay? Beware, Fire Pro is incredibly deep, much more so than you'll think at first glance, it's a game for the hardcore wrestling fan. SvR is for the casual fan. Your choice.
---
The King: Oh that's it he's dead -- JR:GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH! HE'S BEEN BROKEN IN HALF!!
#7therock1984Posted 12/6/2007 3:32:06 PM
I'd say fire pro as well but to be fair you said that if you've seen one smackdown game you've seen them all..

Fire Pro hasn't changed all that much since they started. They've just slightly improved after each addition.
---
mmmmmmmmmmm pie heaven
#8_chopsticks_Posted 12/6/2007 5:54:44 PM
At least Fire Pro doesn't remove moves and extras (assuming you are correct about what you said about Fire Pro, therock)

---
http://RatedY2J.tz4.com
Chopsticks >>> Forks. People that agree with me: 29
#9Dogg420187Posted 12/7/2007 9:11:09 AM
Fire Pro R is def a game to look into if you have never played it be for but you will also need to have an AR max to get all the goods as well so for like $60 you can get this game and the AR to have the best experience.............
---
2007 Ravens(4-8)
Dallas Cowboys(11-1)F - Yea ! ! !
#10KaoticEnigmaPosted 12/7/2007 12:27:32 PM
That is very true, but it's pretty hard to improve a game that's so good from the start. Smackdown has things that should be in it that aren't and it's been that way from the start, not to mention the gameplay tweaks, bugs, glitches, and, for all that's good and right with the world, they need to fix the AI, which they haven't done from the start. The only thing you could really tell the Fire Pro developers is, make the graphics nicer. Or even make it 3D. And fix the menu systems a bit. That's it.

If you mix Smackdown's graphics, menu system and Career/GM Modes, with Fire Pro's gameplay, attention to detail, match pacing, customization and control scheme, you have perfection.
---
The King: Oh that's it he's dead -- JR:GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH! HE'S BEEN BROKEN IN HALF!!