Online sessions thread

#1gearratioPosted 1/5/2011 10:13:01 PM
Ok, so nobody was online last night.

But I think we should all post if we plan to go online whichever night. Today is the 6th January. If anyone else is interested, I expect to be online between 10 pm and 2 am. It could be the same every night for the next few days.

ONLY if people are interested in going online in this game. I can't stand to see the lobbies dead.

Simply give a time convenient to you guys and I could join then, myself.

---
Stupid tire! Ya friggin' tire! You think you're better than me?! I'll kick your ass!
"spokesperson of Contra's fans, customers, and developers"
#2EazyERockPosted 1/6/2011 2:03:23 AM
i was actually on at 4am this morning looking for matches.. ill be on tonight (thursday) late night if anyone else plans on being on... i was actually going to start a thread similar to this.. be nice to get some people on at certain times..

---
. MKWii FC: 1033-1665-6121 ; Goldeneye FC: 2321-1465-4686
#3gearratio(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2011 10:54:14 AM
Can you get online earlier? Like somewhere between 7 PM and 2 AM?

---
Stupid tire! Ya friggin' tire! You think you're better than me?! I'll kick your ass!
#4winnies_revengePosted 1/6/2011 3:34:33 PM
Good topic. We should've thought of this long time ago. Also, it really helps to mention which time zone you're from. I'm from central zone. I might try going on later today but there's no guarantees depending if I'm busy, tired, or just simply not in the mood to play. But I usually come on anywhere from 5pm to 8pm CST on weekdays and late morning or early afternoon on weekends. I usually wait about 30 minutes and then leave if nobody shows or if I don't find anyone. I don't really like to waste any more time waiting for people to show up.

---
i'm crazy!
#5EazyERockPosted 1/6/2011 3:35:21 PM
yeah ill probably be on before 2am.. i have a family dinner tonight, but after that ill probably go home and boot up some svr.. i noticed last night when i was looking that the main events lobby seems a lil laggy, but the single match lobby seemed pretty smooth... whats your handle? im EastwoodFX

---
#6EazyERockPosted 1/6/2011 3:36:27 PM
im in the eastern time zone btw

---
#7gearratio(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2011 4:47:39 PM
Awesome! I'm in the Eastern Time Zone as well!

Well anyway, I'm from from now until the end of the night (then comes my sleep shift heh). If anyone can post here within short hours of now, I'll be happy to go online in that time.

BTW, it surprises me that the likes of the trolls SRO (like SDCTRESS and those people), as well as common users like moviemark don't even go online anymore... even that would have been ok...

---
#8EazyERockPosted 1/6/2011 8:20:46 PM
it is 10:19 pm eastern time.. going online now.. ill have netflix'ed office episodes on the other tv so ill be online most of the night.. look for me.. ill try to stay in lobby 1.. even though the numbers are useless.. i guess main events?

---
#9gearratio(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2011 11:37:37 PM
Alright, here's some very important information for you guys that are interested in going back online.

Good news: the lobbies are NOT dead; they are not ghost towns. People do show up quite often, actually. It seems like a ghost town because all lobbies show 0/20 (glitch).

Bad news: the server is evidently deteriorating. It's highly possible that the 0/20 glitch is caused by the loss of those "chatmonitors". According to one person, this current mess-up with the server may have began once the chatmonitors stopped appearing. These things probably indicate how many people are in the lobby, among other things. Things are definitely turning for the worse for SVR 06 online and I'm sure there's a lot of us here who don't want to see it go.

The glitchy server is obviously bad for online, but for 2 general reasons: First, it's turning people away from online. The reason activity went downhill since about November is that most people probably saw the 0/20 mess and thought it was abandoned. Second, this is definitely going to lead the online server to an unusable state somewhere in the future unless someone over at GameSpy fixes the chatmonitor issue.

I vaguely recall once there having the same problem as this and yes, chatmonitors were missing. Then the problem was resolved, but now it's back.

If it isn't too much trouble for you guys who are concerned, I recommend that we each send a request to whichever division of GameSpy to get it fixed, particularly to restore chatmonitor usage. I know I'm not the only one who enjoys going back to SVR 06 online and if you want to see it for a lot longer, this would really help the chances. Please contribute

I've contacted a tech support agent at Gamespy in the past once to fix the server, which was very slow and screwy. It was winter break of '08. The servers worked just like new (until the next winter of course, hehe). So, I can guarantee you that there's a chance.

In my next post tomorrow, when I'm not too tired, I really wanna talk about one of the best triple threat matches I've played online (just because it was so awesome).

Try to inform other SVR 06 users, you might know, about this. Thanks guys.

---
#10EazyERockPosted 1/7/2011 1:54:14 AM
good games last night.. i played from about 11pm-4am eastern time with at least 4-6 people in the lobby at once.. online is def NOT abandoned and imo the lag isnt too bad.. back in the day it lagged too so im not too surprised by that.. considering its a 5year old game, its still a blast to play online.. and i think i know the 3way your talking about gearratio.. lol.. the one where u pulled an Edge?

---