I miss this game!!

#1gkbadboy04Posted 3/1/2013 10:58:55 PM
Just wanted too drop by and say that I miss this game dearly... This was the best wrestling game ever made IMO! Does anyone still get online and play from time to time? I would love to just get online and play for fun!! Still Rep TdC
---
My XBL Gamertag- RUTHLE55 K1LL3R
My online SVR 06 name- (TdC)Cid)Ldr
#2gearratioPosted 3/5/2013 10:26:48 PM
Online mode shut down. Strangely enough, before gamespy was even shut down. So there's absolutely no hope of going back online now.
---
Stupid tire! Ya friggin' tire! You think you're better than me?! I'll kick your ass!
"spokesperson of Contra's fans, customers, and developers"
#3YogosPosted 3/8/2013 4:24:48 PM
How'd it happen?
---
Hi everyone my name is yogos, and I have a Brony problem, please ask me about my problem.
#4gearratioPosted 3/11/2013 2:25:14 PM
I don't know, but it depressed the crap out of me.

Chances are it is actually because of gamespy closing down, but they only announced that much later. I doubt that, though. One thing is for sure, though. Gamespy closing down ensures that online mode won't come back.

There's also the possibility that the server just gave in or gamespy themselves shut it down. I mean, the online mode has been around for over 7 years and they said they weren't supporting it. I think SVR 2006 is one of maybe 6 or 7 games on PS2 that remained online after so many years. In addition to that, the servers began to get very unstable in 2010 and almost everybody left that year. As time passed, fewer and fewer people were online. So maybe gs pulled the plug.

I remember the very last time I logged on (last summer), there was only 1 guy there, someone I've seen around there before. He said the last few of the regulars stopped going online (and those guys have been around even during the glitchy 2010 period). He was there all day, hoping for people to go on; really depressing stuff.

I really wanted to go online one last time recently, see how things were. I regret not doing it. Of all games I've ever played, this has been my favorite, unmatched online experience (still unmatched). The freedom players were given just made it an unlimited source of fun.

And one thing I never solved is the mystery of the Voice Chat lobby. That lobby only started appearing in 2011, indirectly accessible because of the glitchy server. People said it wasn't intended to be used; the devs disabled it, but didn't remove it completely from the game. Kind of like locking it in a box; when the server started breaking, that box "broke open" and out came that mystery. I mean, that lobby was a whole world of interesting. If people had a PS2 headset and microphone, they would likely be able to voice chat.

ANYWAY, it's gone now. And none of the stupid online modes of any later SVR games are any bit of fun.
---
Stupid tire! Ya friggin' tire! You think you're better than me?! I'll kick your ass!
#5MrSVR06Posted 3/11/2013 8:34:46 PM
I don't know, but it depressed the crap out of me.

Chances are it is actually because of gamespy closing down, but they only announced that much later. I doubt that, though. One thing is for sure, though. Gamespy closing down ensures that online mode won't come back.

There's also the possibility that the server just gave in or gamespy themselves shut it down. I mean, the online mode has been around for over 7 years and they said they weren't supporting it. I think SVR 2006 is one of maybe 6 or 7 games on PS2 that remained online after so many years. In addition to that, the servers began to get very unstable in 2010 and almost everybody left that year. As time passed, fewer and fewer people were online. So maybe gs pulled the plug.

I remember the very last time I logged on (last summer), there was only 1 guy there, someone I've seen around there before. He said the last few of the regulars stopped going online (and those guys have been around even during the glitchy 2010 period). He was there all day, hoping for people to go on; really depressing stuff.

I really wanted to go online one last time recently, see how things were. I regret not doing it. Of all games I've ever played, this has been my favorite, unmatched online experience (still unmatched). The freedom players were given just made it an unlimited source of fun.

And one thing I never solved is the mystery of the Voice Chat lobby. That lobby only started appearing in 2011, indirectly accessible because of the glitchy server. People said it wasn't intended to be used; the devs disabled it, but didn't remove it completely from the game. Kind of like locking it in a box; when the server started breaking, that box "broke open" and out came that mystery. I mean, that lobby was a whole world of interesting. If people had a PS2 headset and microphone, they would likely be able to voice chat.

ANYWAY, it's gone now. And none of the stupid online modes of any later SVR games are any bit of fun.

wow... I literally shed a little tear after reading that. This is very sad indeed.
---
What didn't Diddy Do!?
#6drclaeysPosted 3/13/2013 5:32:56 AM
Friends,

I just saw this board in the top 10, how did that happen?? maybe just because you guys posted.

so I thought I would come here and say HI.

have a great day. Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
Signed up for a 13.1 mile (21 KM ) half marathon on May 5th. Wish me luck!
#7YogosPosted 3/18/2013 1:02:02 AM
HEY! NOTHING YOU CAN SAY!
---
Hi everyone my name is yogos, and I have a Brony problem, please ask me about my problem.
#8RushNDestroyPosted 3/27/2013 1:58:46 PM
This game was truly addictive 7 tons of fun, would spend hours and hours playing this online....making friends and enemies, starting feuds, joining clans, & kicking the crap outta cheap &*&!#*!.........ahhhhhh I can't believe so many years have passed.

It may sound cheesy but I will always cherish this game and its online experience. Sooooo much fun and no other games have come close.......and to think that HCTP missed being online by 1 friggin' year!!!! That game would have been the closest to rival this game online *shakes fist*
---
If common sense was common, everyone would have it.
#9YogosPosted 3/29/2013 7:25:40 AM
So this will never be rebooted for online?
---
#10gearratioPosted 3/29/2013 5:18:35 PM
I'm so tempted to storm into the office of whoever's responsible and demand maintenance rights to this game's online server. I certainly have the necessities to do better than gamespy at handling the server for many years to come. Because I know there are people who still want to play this, myself included. So I'd run and maintain the server. However, the rules would stay the same; no changes there. So it will be just as liberating and fun as before...

Other than that daydream, there's little hope.
---