Who enjoys justice league heroes more then ultimate alliance?

#1MoonBoundPosted 8/9/2009 11:20:30 AM
Other then the characters, I actually think justice league is more fun, for one the environments have more variety, there is more variety in enemies and they stand out more and yes justice league has less abilitys but they stand out more and do not do allot of the same things like they mimic each other in ultimate alliance, there are less characters but ultimate alliance felt like they did not work very hard on the allot of the characters some more then others.

Another thing I enjoy far better in justice league is flexability in your powers being able to choose what boosts you want and how you use to use that power and you always had health, energy, combat, and regen to work on your own without having to rely on a suit.

And my personal reason aquaman he is my favorite in this game I always liked aquam anyhow but he is the most fun to me, the aquaman game on gamecube sucked so im glad he is awesome to play in this game.
#2MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2009 11:21:07 AM
Me and my wife enjoy it but she even saids she likes this one better.
#3most_games_r_okPosted 8/12/2009 1:50:43 PM
You like aquaman. *walks out the room, laughs and then regains composure*
I like alliance better. Justice league is fun and all but some of your reasons for liking it better than MUA just don't fly. True, you don't need a suit to receive better enhancements and you have boost to insert into abilities and you can choose what abilities you want to upgrade, Including character statistics. However, you have the option of using a suit which increases some things and decreases others, In a first playthrough where you have to level up your own abilities through trial and error to see which should be leveled up first can have disastrous results. Marvel having set level growth can avoid some of this. Marvel also has more abilities for each character and equipment which can enhance performance ( I suppose that they are comparable to boost). As you mentioned, marvel has more characters, but also training simulations, artwork, trivia, voice-casting, etc. The replay value is so much higher that in my opinion, Marvel Ultimate alliance is better.
---
I do because I can.
#4MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2009 1:16:51 PM
And as I already listed that marvel does have some nice features, and I already mentioned the thing about the stats you can bring up through mutlitple costums but these games can get very repetitive there is way to much to level up replay value or not there is something called fun replay value and grinding.

yes my reasons do not fly with you but they do fly you know justice league has more interesting enemies and are bigger, while allot of the powers are cool in ultimate alliance and some even flashier they all feel kind of the same.

It is my opinion if I like aquaman that is not up to you, this is not some elitist nerd off of what super heroes are better just because you do not like him does not mean he sucks in anyway, and just fyi that is the older aquaman not the stupid hook one.

I never insulted ua but it seems you have taken offense trying to insult me when we have not even had words yet I swear some people need to wake up and start living instead of focusing on trying to create problems.
#5most_games_r_okPosted 8/15/2009 4:41:29 PM
My bad. The aquaman joke was just that he is a terrible character and almost useless in the comics.
I actually like aquaman in Justice League Heroes and he is a relatively good character, though he is rather useless. I have classified him in a Middleweight/Lightweight category due to him being able to pick up large pot-based plants and couches on the gorilla levels yet not being able pick up a char (which incidentally he can do in the comics).

**fyi that is the older aquaman not the stupid hook one.**

And what is that supposed to mean? Its the same aquaman with the hook, just he has had it replaced with the mystical hand given to him by the lake goddess.

** you know justice league has more interesting enemies and are bigger, while allot of the powers are cool in ultimate alliance and some even flashier they all feel kind of the same**

How are the enemies any better? Please clarify on this. Also if Marvel's powers are all flashy but still are very much the same then why do superman/aquaman both have a superpunch with the only difference being that aquaman twirls around like hes on a ballet set. Most characters in fact have a massively damaging move-Wonder Woman's lasso kick, J'onn phasing, Batman's grapple kick which suspiciously looks almost the exact same as Huntress one, Hawkgirls heavy mace attack, GA's exploding arrows. In fact, come to think of it, The only person that lacks a massively damaging move is Zatana ( though I think that her fireballs are supposed to be it).

However, I will agree with Marvel being somewhat repetitive though. JLH avoids being repetitive somewhat because the levels are for the most part shorter. Games with longer levels have a tendency to be repetitive.

---
I do because I can.
#6MoonBound(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2009 11:49:50 AM
Well lets see in the comics they replaced aqaumans mystical hand with the hook which kind of dumbed down aquaman that was my point, and in the game he has awesome looking powers so I agree, what I mean by enemies is marvel is full of mostly humanoid enemies and are not as challenging to me as they where in justice league except the bosses the same people who made champions of norrath made this game which explains why the enemies are different, more threatening and bigger. Now the bosses are a trade off but I can barely remember fighting many bosses much bigger then anyone in ultimate alliance while in justice league they all seemed to be bigger then you.

They are small differences but big to me. Yes I have noticed some powers are the same and some characters they worked allot harder on but in ultimate alliance almost every character has some kind of buff, some kind of blasting power and some kind of melee ability I just did not feel like my hero was unique compared to others in the game. I did not have a problem with the stages being shorter I kind of like it that way, many times I felt in ultimate alliance that I was doing a chore instead of exploration, justice league has many shields lying around which makes it more worth it and more fun.

And the fact you had to look for enemies and when you realize there is not that many it really feels like a chore, a super hero game needs many enemies so we can feel super, hopefully 2 will take care of all those problems. Then again I cannot recall many super hero games that are really like that, but I do believe fantastic 4 had more enemies per area of enemies.
#7most_games_r_okPosted 8/23/2009 1:55:21 PM
Justice league had a far lighter tone to it and for the most part the dialogue was much better. As for enemies I found that JLH for the most part actually has more but they don't respawn (except for wonderwoman/superman's space level) like they do for some MUA levels (training simulations I believe).
---
I do because I can.
#8MachinaPosted 9/18/2009 11:12:01 AM
The only gripe I had with JLH was the fact that they forced you to play as certain heroes through almost half of the game. I'd absolutely love to see a sequel (btw, what ever happened to Snowblind Studios anyway?) someday on the 360, but let us choose out own team from the start! I'd love to have an alternative to Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It's funny, I still have the promo poster on my wall from Game Crazy 3 years after the game came out.
---
Nothing to see here. Move along.
#9Gohanfan01Posted 9/21/2009 12:22:14 PM
I always have liked JLH more than MUA. Don't get me wrong, MUA is really fun to play, but it just didn't seem to have the same character or feel to it. And before you ask, I am a marvel fan, over a dc fan.

How are the enemies any better? Please clarify on this.

The enemies to me seemed like that had more of a strategy element to them. You didn't just have wave after wave of what might as well be the same two types of characters (a melee and a ranged character). The bosses also were not as much fun in MUA. I really liked that they changed up combat against some bosses with timed button pressing, but after the 2nd or 3rd of those, it got repetitive. It was either button mashing, or timed button presses in MUA. In JLH, the bosses required more thought. You couldn't just pound away and survive most of them.

while allot of the powers are cool in ultimate alliance and some even flashier they all feel kind of the same.

I agree with this. I don't even think the moves are any flashier in MUA, but it I never felt like I was playing as Ghost Rider, or Silver Surfer, etc... whereas the moves in JLH reflect each character a lot better. They put a lot more thought into the powers in JLH.

Also if Marvel's powers are all flashy but still are very much the same then why do superman/aquaman both have a superpunch

Because that is mostly what both of them do, punch things. Batman doesn't have any big punch move. MM's "big hit" is actually very weak compared to his shapeshift, which is what he uses most in the JL show. Noone else has a grinder like GL has. Noone else is speedy and takes advantage of that like the Flash. They play as their characters, not just a randomly created character that looks like the character from the show/comics.

As for enemies I found that JLH for the most part actually has more but they don't respawn (except for wonderwoman/superman's space level)

The fact that MUA's enemies do respawn means that it automatically has more enemies, but refer to my above post about the same two types of characters over and over with few exceptions. One thing I wanted to point out here though The enemies in the space levels are not infinite respawns. There is a definite end to them Granted, each of the portals that the winged enemies come out of will spawn 3-4 times, but they will eventually end.

The only gripe I had with JLH was the fact that they forced you to play as certain heroes through almost half of the game

I didn't mind it on the first playthrough since I ended up using characters that I never would have tried and like them, but I wish they would have given you the option on new game+ to select your characters.

BTW, my favorite characters were the Flash and Green Arrow. Green Arrow had the massive damage exploding arrow which is very strong and being ranged means it can be fired from a safe distance. The Flash was just awesome. I would go through whole levels barely getting hurt because he can dodge almost anything and suck up almost every enemy in his whirlwind until they died.
---
I didnt know there were three syllables in athlete: ath-a-lete! Thats amaz-a-zing! - Benchwarmers
#10most_games_r_okPosted 9/25/2009 1:34:41 PM
They don't respawn? Oh. never stuck around long enough to notice cause after 3 times I left. O well....
---
I do because I can.