use of the hero save fix?

#1Meester_ffPosted 1/26/2008 11:27:13 AM
What's the use of the hero save fix, as in the fix someone posted about
hero save twice then world save.
If I wanted to hero save it means I was either unable to world save or wanted to keep my stuff/experience for an earlier part of the game to lessen the difficulty.
So whats the point in
hero save,hero save,world save?
---
Now playing:gears of war,fable:tlc,orange box,oblivion,beowulf
now hating:the wii
#2DRAKULIANPosted 1/26/2008 8:18:08 PM
1. Read the Sticky.
2. You need to use the Bypass I posted about‚ if you wish to avoid the Hero Save Corruption Glitch. Bypassing that nasty glitch will allow you to Hero Save an unlimited number of times without any worry of your profile being corrupted (forcing you to restart your game in many cases). You can read all about that well known and common glitch here:

·[– http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/detail.php?board=929075&topic=32175590&message=351797748 –]·

You can read about the method to Bypass that glitch on the last page of the Sticky.

---
"Man may kill his brother…but he cannot kill his dog." ~Cornelius™
•))—[ http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=DRAKULU ]—((•

#3Meester_ff(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2008 3:32:20 PM
you obviously didn't even read my post -.-
It says "what use isthe glitch bypass if you just world save after the hero save, kind of diminishes the point of hero saving"
---
#40bihashiPosted 2/6/2008 5:14:21 PM
Meester_ff posted...
you obviously didn't even read my post -.-
It says "what use isthe glitch bypass if you just world save after the hero save, kind of diminishes the point of hero saving"
---

it took you 11 days to come up with that? you obviously didn't read the method yourself. :( you have to world save for the whole bypass thing to work. you can and always could world save unlimited times. how would world saving diminish anything? if you don't world save the bypass won't work. this topic is kinda meaningless but to whine and troll. it's been proved bunches of times by people here. and it works. world saving doesn't diminish a thing. it sounds like you made this topic and then posted 11 days later just to troll. :(
#5Meester_ff(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2008 3:29:10 AM
i just forgot about the topic, and you didn't read it all that well either.
It says what is the point in hero saving if you're just world saving right after?
now until that question is answered I will return to this topic as my internet allows (it's been messin up all week)
---
#6DRAKULlANPosted 2/7/2008 5:17:48 AM
Meester_ff:
[Posted 2/7/2008 4:29:10 AM]
"i just forgot about the topic, and you didn't read it all that well either.
It says what is the point in hero saving if you're just world saving right after?
now until that question is answered I will return to this topic as my internet allows (it's been messin up all week)"

BECAUSE… it is one of the parts to method that makes the entire Bypass process possible to work. It's like a link in a chain‚ if you remove one link the entire chain breaks and fails.

And sure‚ you "just forgot" about your own topic here. Funny how nearly two weeks later you magically remembered it. If the board purge were working normally (SBAllen said they are "experimenting" with it presently), this little topic of yours would have been gone by now…<_<

This thread is ridiculous‚ and there was absolutely no need to bump it after nearly two weeks of inactivity‚ especially since it had been answered in my first post.

AND LET'S SEE‚ I ALREADY SAID…

"1. Read the Sticky.
2. You need to use the Bypass I posted about‚ if you wish to avoid the Hero Save Corruption Glitch. Bypassing that nasty glitch will allow you to Hero Save an unlimited number of times without any worry of your profile being corrupted (forcing you to restart your game in many cases). You can read all about that well known and common glitch here:

·[– http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/detail.php?board=929075&topic=32175590&message=351797748 –]·

You can read about the method to Bypass that glitch on the second to the last page of the Sticky."

I "read you well" the first time, and I answered you correctly the first time. What is the purpose of this topic? You obviously are not asking for help with your game, so then what is the point for this nonsense?

You absolutely must World Save as the last step in the Bypass in order for it to work. Now‚ based on your unnecessary question and this pointless topic you are either trying to annoy‚ or you are asking a technical programming question that NO ONE HERE can answer. I did not program this game‚ and I cannot tell you the "technical reason" as to why you need to World Save in order for the Bypass to work‚ I can only report to you that it does work because I have used it myself well over 80 times and it does work as it has been explained to you.

World Saving overwrites the Hero Save you just made on the save slot you used. It is not going to hurt your game whatsoever‚ but you need to do it for the Bypass to work. * points back to the "link in a chain" analogy * That is the best answer I can give you for this silly topic. This topic is like asking why you have to press the (X) button to attack. The answer is that it was programmed that way. If you don't press the (X) button then you will not be able to use mêlée attacks. It's as simple as that.

You might as well ask why the virtual sky is blue‚ or why the video grass is green. I am not a programmer, and even if I was‚ I did not program Fable TLC for the XBOX. If you Hero Save the normal way‚ in this game‚ you will corrupt your file in about 14 Hero Saves‚ hence the Hero Save Corruption Glitch. If you wish to be able to Hero Save more times than that‚ then you must use the Hero Save Corruption Glitch Bypass I posted about here:

·[– http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/detail.php?board=929075&topic=32175590&message=447694317 –]·
#7DRAKULlANPosted 2/7/2008 5:17:50 AM
You do not seem to need help with your game, and I did answer your question as thoroughly as humanly possible without getting into unnecessary "programming code" babbling‚ which you never needed to begin with. If you want to ask someone how they programmed the game and why it functions the way it does regarding this glitch and the method that bypasses it‚ I suggest you contact Peter Molyneux.

---
"Livers are like hot chicks with no self esteem." ~ÜbêrÅdàm™
•))—[ http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=DRAKULU ]—((•
#8meralonnePosted 2/7/2008 12:10:36 PM
this topic = useless/10. If you hero save a lot, this technique is very useful.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#9CYBER_BULLYPosted 2/7/2008 1:44:54 PM
Meralonne and drak make a good case. This topic does seem pretty damn dense, but I'm willing to take another crack at it. Hold on a sec guys.

np
---
GIVE ME YOUR LUNCH MONEY!
#10Meester_ff(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2008 1:51:42 PM
once again you miss my point.
Hero saving is meant to save your exp and items and such so you can load them to a previous time and use them to make the game a tad bit easier. While world saving is a generic save.
So my question was:
If you want to hero save why would you world save after?
I want to hero save my items and go back to a previous save, but I want to world save right after so I won't be ABLE to use the hero save.
Is it just for statistics or what?
I understand that it's part of the chain and it's the only way to bypass etc, but why bypass it if you're just going to world save?

And yes, I forgot about the topic.I was checking my message history to look a topic in the pokemon boards when I noticed this one and decided that my question WAS NOT answered, I want it to be answered.Maybe I'm just wording it wrong, or maybe you good people are mis-interpreting it, or maybe the question is just worded in a way which makes it sound as if it is non-sense.
Either way, I have restated it and explained a bit more, could I PLEASE get an actual answer to THIS question.
---