Temple of Avo help

#1slicej1Posted 9/14/2008 12:52:58 PM
how much to i need to donate to get younger?
i really hate being 54
---
myspace.com/johnnorth72
#2Fable_IIPosted 9/14/2008 2:01:00 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=929075&topic=32175590
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/Fable_Master/funny.jpg
#3slicej1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2008 2:57:46 PM
thx
---
myspace.com/johnnorth72
#4slicej1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2008 3:04:34 PM
i did what that said but i'm still not getting any younger
---
myspace.com/johnnorth72
#5DRAKULIANPosted 9/16/2008 10:56:45 AM
slicej1
Posted 9/15/2008 5:04:34 PM

"i did what that said but i'm still not getting any younger"

Most likely because the method listed in the sticky for obtaining the bonus gifts at the Temple of Light is rubbish. Just a moment, and I will go pull up my information on it…

---
"Man may kill his brother…but he cannot kill his dog." ~Cornelius™
• ))—[ http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=DRAKULU ]—(( •
#6DRAKULIANPosted 9/16/2008 11:00:11 AM

The primary purpose of the Chapel of Skorm (CoS) and the Temple of Avo (ToA) (a.k.a.: Temple of Light) is to reap alignment points (good or evil) from them that correspond to their theme. Thus your *true moral alignment should be opposite that of the place you are attempting to appease; this is done on a curve.

AVO
. . . The more good you are beforehand, the more difficult it will be to gain good points.
. . . The more evil you are beforehand, the easier it will be to harvest good points.

SKORM
. . . The more evil you are beforehand, the more difficult it will be to gain evil points.
. . . The more good you are beforehand, the easier it will be to reap evil points.

The sole goal of making contributions to these “deities” is to gain as many alignment points in one shot as you can; the more the better.

*NOTE: True moral alignment is all the gods recognise. Any pseudo moral effects of scars, tattoos, hairstyles and armours are nullified.

If you are 100 percent pure “good” to the point where you can no longer gain any more good alignment points‚ no amount of money will gain you the Sentinus. The reverse is true of Skorm's Bow. The Temple of Avo works on a parallel premise to the Chapel of Skorm; you must be able to gain a certain amount of moral alignment points in order to receive particular special rewards from either of these two places of "worship". The more your Hero's alignment opposes the “god” you are making your donations to, the more likely you are to gain enormous amounts of alignment points that match the alignment of said god. The more alignment points you gain in one donation the better your chances are (with the exception of the gift of youth at the Temple of Light) of receiving an *extra gift.

*NOTE: Gaining 600 evil alignment points or more is ideal for Skorm's Bow, whereas based on your Hero's preceding moral alignment, 35K to 100K pieces of gold are the ideal range amounts to donate to gain enough good alignment points for the Sentinus.

Long story short; the best strategy is to make your Hero “evil” prior to donating gold to Avo, just as inversely you should make your Hero “good” before sacrificing victims to Skorm. Additionally, by using the Scroll-Through technique, you need not lose more than one or two pieces of gold donating to the Temple of Avo.

REMEMBER: Always world save prior to contributing anything to either god.
#7DRAKULIANPosted 9/16/2008 11:02:17 AM
I. Sentinus – Donate between 35,000 (if you are three bars or more evil) to 100,000 (if you are very good) gold pieces to receive the Sentinus, which is a heavy weight, Great Mace, Legendary weapon.

· · · You will here the phrase, “The gods are pleased by your donation; very pleased” from the Avo worshipers at the Temple of Light if you donate a high enough amount of gold.

NOTE: You may use the *Scroll–Through Technique when making this donation.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
*Scroll–Through Technique:

You can keep your gold by using this method. Tap the (A) button VERY rapidly when the Temple man begins speaking that phrase, commenting about your donation. Keep hitting the (A) button as fast as you can until you completely Scroll-Through the next donation screen entirely.
**DO NOT USE THIS METHOD WHEN DONATING ONE PIECE OF GOLD.
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

II. Gift of Youth – Immediately upon receiving the Sentinus, donate exactly one gold piece to gain the Gift of Youth.

· · · You will hear the phrase, “Your rewards will be slight... A rare miracle has occurred; Avo grants you the gift of youth.”

**DO NOT USE THE SCROLL-THROUGH METHOD WHEN DONATING ONE PIECE OF GOLD.

III. Paladin title – First, you will need to donate the same amount of gold, or more, as you did to receive the Sentinus in step one (use the Scroll-Through Technique for this to keep your gold).

· · · You will again hear the phrase, “The gods are pleased by your donation; very pleased”.

· · · Immediately after donating that amount again, donate exactly one gold piece again to gain the Paladin title.

· · · You will once again hear the phrase, “Your rewards will be slight... A rare miracle has occurred; Avo grants you a new title... Go forth and...”

**AGAIN, DO NOT USE THE SCROLL-THROUGH METHOD WHEN DONATING ONE PIECE OF GOLD.

- = = = ======THE SENTINUS STATS====== = = = -

Class: . . . . . . . . . . . Mêlée Weapon
Type: . . . . . . . . . . . . Greatmace
Augmentations: . . 2 total (permanent) : : : 1 Piercing, 1 Silver
Damage:. . . . . . . . . 255
Location: . . . . . . . . Temple of Avo : : : Witchwood Forest : : : area between Witchwood Stones and Witchwood Lake (below the Harbinger).
Description:. . . . . . Said to belong to the bodyguard of Archon, first ruler of the Old Kingdom, this Greatmace is as majestic as any sceptre, and powerful enough to bring empires to their knees.

---
"Man may kill his brother…but he cannot kill his dog." ~Cornelius™
• ))—[ http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=DRAKULU ]—(( •
More topics from this board...
Fable FAQ_Pootie_3961/27/2013