How early in the game can you get Skorm's bow?

#11TooManyHours(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2009 7:18:14 PM
konvikt_17

then you will have both mercs at the chapel and they will both be unharmed. then wait till midnight and sacrifice one. if you dont get the bow then quickly sacrifice the other and you should get the bow.

Are you saying that the points are cumulative with the two mercs?

I was under the impression that only one single sacrifice will be used to determine if you have sufficient points to get the bow ....

---
There are no facts, only interpretations...
#12ArchonKnight9Posted 7/1/2009 4:28:23 AM
Yes, it is only one sacrifice.
---
{]xxxxxxxxx(&)::::;;;;;::::::::::::::::::::;;;;::::::::::::::::>
TC must be trippin'! ~ roan_wolf
#13GhostfeetPosted 7/1/2009 11:29:02 AM
It's a shame the spouse won't follow you out of town... I'll have to try taking a person from Oakvale to the temple in one piece.
---
"I drink and I smash because I love." ~ Rocko
#14ArchonKnight9Posted 7/1/2009 1:33:48 PM
^Yeah, I've done it.
---
#15konvikt_17Posted 7/1/2009 2:27:47 PM

TooManyHours posted...
konvikt_17

then you will have both mercs at the chapel and they will both be unharmed. then wait till midnight and sacrifice one. if you dont get the bow then quickly sacrifice the other and you should get the bow.

Are you saying that the points are cumulative with the two mercs?

I was under the impression that only one single sacrifice will be used to determine if you have sufficient points to get the bow ....

---
There are no facts, only interpretations...

im pretty sure its cummulative. because pretty much everytime i get skorms bow i have to use two mercs. the first one gives me alot of points then the second merc gets me the bow.

#16ArchonKnight9Posted 7/1/2009 3:15:16 PM
No, it's only in one sacrifice. Read Drak's post again.
---
#17Tenorsax003Posted 7/1/2009 6:53:46 PM
Alignment doesn't matter. neither does size of the person or how many people.

ALL you have to do is sacrifice ANY merc at midnight. A voice in the background will say "Lights out, you horrible lot!" exactly when it turns midnight.

i was a neutral character, who played through as a good character. i just wanted the bow. it was the only time i had ever sacrificed.
---
Revan:Rawr! I have a short sword!
Sith:Omg! medieval weapon! Run for your lives! ~B.Rave
#18Tenorsax003Posted 7/1/2009 6:58:44 PM
sorry to double post, but sacrificing the merc at midnight gives 1,000 evil points.
---
Revan:Rawr! I have a short sword!
Sith:Omg! medieval weapon! Run for your lives! ~B.Rave
#19DRAKULIANPosted 7/1/2009 8:17:46 PM
Tenorsax003, generally what you said was incorrect. It is true that you will receive the most evil points for a well timed midnight sacrifice, but all your comments about your Hero's moral alignment, the health level and physical size of your sacrifice being unimportant were dead wrong.

Reread my first post in this topic for the correct information.
#20DRAKULIANPosted 7/1/2009 8:17:49 PM
Tenorsax003
Posted 7/1/2009 8:53:46 PM

"Alignment doesn't matter. neither does size of the person or how many people."

Although having multiple sacrifices handy as backups does not hurt, one person (sacrifice) is truly all you need. Your other comments (Hero's moral alignment and sacrifice's size) are flat out wrong.

"ALL you have to do is sacrifice ANY merc at midnight. A voice in the background will say "Lights out, you horrible lot!" exactly when it turns midnight."

The Mercenary's physical size does matter.

"i was a neutral character, who played through as a good character. i just wanted the bow. it was the only time i had ever sacrificed."

Yeah, so? You will receive more evil points the more your alignment is good than neutral, or evil; that is a well known and longstanding fact.

Tenorsax003
Posted 7/1/2009 8:58:44 PM

"sorry to double post, but sacrificing the merc at midnight gives 1,000 evil points."

There is more to it than that. There have been plenty of times when many of us here have sacrificed at precisely midnight and have not even received 200 let alone 1,000 evil points, so what you said here was wrong as well. Furthermore, you do not need 1,000 evil points; 500 to 600 is typically ample enough.

It all hinges upon the amount evil points you receive in one sacrifice and the best way to guarantee you maximise your evil points is via:

• Hero's moral alignment - the more “good” you are the better.
• Your sacrifice's physical size and current health status (100 percent is best).
• Timing - sacrificing at the top of any hour is good (when a Mercenary takes his pay), midnight being best.

---
"Man may kill his brother…but he cannot kill his dog." ~Cornelius™
• ))—[ http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=DRAKULU ]—(( •