Hobbe Cave Quest with all Boasts

#1Vittorini80Posted 12/22/2012 11:06:35 AM
Can the Cave Dweller boast and the Fist Fighter boast for this quest be done simultaneously? To fulfill the Cave Dweller boast, you have to kill the boss nymph at the end of Hobbe Cave and I don't think its possible using only your fists. Am I missing something or do I have to skip this boast? I suppose I may try hiring mercenaries to shoot her with their bows but I have no idea if that will work.

I'm going through the game trying to complete all the boasts possible and so far I'm loving the challenge. The Hobbe Killing contest was the toughest so far as I had to keep spamming Slow Time in order to beat Whisper by 10 kills using my fists whilst taking no damage. It took me like 15 tries lol.

In case anyone does not know, to fulfill the Fist Fighter boast you cannot use weapons and the following spells:
-Any attack spells
-Assassin Rush
-Berserk
-Ghost Sword
-Summon
-Turncoat
-Force Push
-Drain Life
-Multi Strike
-Multi Arrow

Only Slow Time and Heal Life are allowed.
#2Vittorini80(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 11:38:27 AM
Crap disregard this post, the nymph at the end is low enough to the ground that you can punch her. Probably should of checked the quest out before making this topic.
#3OverTheEdge963Posted 12/22/2012 12:12:32 PM
I'm going through the game trying to complete all the boasts possible and so far I'm loving the challenge. The Hobbe Killing contest was the toughest so far as I had to keep spamming Slow Time in order to beat Whisper by 10 kills using my fists whilst taking no damage. It took me like 15 tries lol.

That actually sounds really fun. I may have to try that soon.
---
http://oi51.tinypic.com/wrfe6g.jpg
Dashing. Deformed. Demented.
#4meralonnePosted 12/28/2012 8:10:25 AM
Vittorini80 posted...
I'm going through the game trying to complete all the boasts possible and so far I'm loving the challenge. The Hobbe Killing contest was the toughest so far as I had to keep spamming Slow Time in order to beat Whisper by 10 kills using my fists whilst taking no damage.

Best of luck to you, this is pretty challenging. There's a side quest you're really going to love later on, having to do with rescuing a bunch of traders within 8 minutes while naked and without getting hit. I can't recall if that one also had a "don't kill any of the bandits" boasts. Talk about gruelling!!!
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#5The_Turk_KillerPosted 12/31/2012 6:19:03 AM
Couldn't you use Physical Shield? You won't take any damage at all then even if you get hit.
---
We may be retreating, but we're still victorious.
#6MundilforePosted 1/1/2013 10:46:53 AM
Physical Shield is a great way to get up your combat multiplier and succeed at "Take no damage" boasts, but it will result in a failure for any "Naked" boast.
#7DOCTOR-WHOPosted 1/4/2013 7:24:57 PM
meralonne posted...
Best of luck to you, this is pretty challenging. There's a side quest you're really going to love later on, having to do with rescuing a bunch of traders within 8 minutes while naked and without getting hit. I can't recall if that one also had a "don't kill any of the bandits" boasts. Talk about gruelling!!!

Best I recollect there are a few boast combinations that are impossible. Some are incompatible, but most people were going for the most that could possibly be completed. I think there were a couple where the combinations were; naked + without a scratch + timed + fisticuffs + kill all. Those ones are impossible without some kind of hack. How many boasts are there again? Something like 70 or so? Wasn't there a list of all the possible boast combinations out there?
---
Tempus Rerum Imperator
More topics from this board...
Fable FAQ_Pootie_3961/27/2013