Strange leaflet quest

#1yawn12345Posted 9/12/2008 7:46:11 PM
"The fireplace is stacked with dry firewood and tinder, ready for lighting. A ceramic model of a small brick building sits on the mantelpiece."

I said: plugh

"You chant the magic word, and nothing happens. You hear thunder rumbling in the distance..."

Can someone help?
#2Shugo841Posted 9/12/2008 7:57:38 PM
Check the FAQs. There's actually one useful guide on this site!
---
I apologize if I am contributing to something.
#3electroshoPosted 9/12/2008 9:35:02 PM
Probably not listed in the FAQs. KoL FAQs on GFaqs are unfortunately outdated and not very useful. I might make one that might actually be updated if I have time.

But anyways, possible answers to your question:

- Did you already type in a different password? Because only password may be used per ascension.
- Did you perhaps click enter twice when entering it? Because you may have gotten the stats from the first enter click and just skipped it from clicking it twice.
- It's possible that someone else used your account and type in a password and thus you have your problem. Did you let anyone use your account? Do you think that someone may have hacked your account (unlikely unless your missing stuff) ?

That's all I can think of for now. Someone else smarter then me will probably come and give a genius answer though.
#4GanondwarfPosted 9/12/2008 10:19:39 PM
I had the same thing a few ascensions ago. I typed in the word, but it wouldn't do anything. Turned out I entered the wrong code ;_; Then I tried again, and I got it! So, for some reason, it doesn't always work,

Oh, I remember, just after the Leaflet revamp you could only enter one magic word, instead of a lot (plugh, plover, and so on) to get the stats, but I didn't know that yet. For the first three ascensions, I just randomly picked a word, and it was the right one! Talk about lucky >.>
---
As you gain perspective you'll realize that missed opportunities are a lot more difficult to live with than failed chances taken. - myeerah
#5Shugo841Posted 9/13/2008 9:54:48 AM
Probably not listed in the FAQs. KoL FAQs on GFaqs are unfortunately outdated and not very useful. I might make one that might actually be updated if I have time.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Leaflet FAQ is still up to date. At least, I don't recall any changes to the quest since the last time I checked it.
---
I apologize if I am contributing to something.
#6Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 9/14/2008 10:03:01 AM
The code for the small BRICK building is xyzzy.

The white well house is plugh. You used the wrong code.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
#7GanondwarfPosted 9/15/2008 1:31:44 AM
The code for the small BRICK building is xyzzy.

The white well house is plugh. You used the wrong code.

Ah, yes, I messed that up once, as well. I looked at the mantel, noted the building, and waited for a stat day (7 days). When it finally was Muscle, I forgot which house it was >.<
---
As you gain perspective you'll realize that missed opportunities are a lot more difficult to live with than failed chances taken. - myeerah
#8TZScribblezPosted 9/21/2008 10:06:50 AM
I had "a small brick building" so I put in xyzzy.

I got "A hollow voice says, 'Gesundheit.'"

Was that correct or am I screwed?
---
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something you will never forgive me for.
#9Natedogg316Posted 9/21/2008 10:28:20 AM
Nope, that's the wrong answer. You missed out this run.
#10CoolBeansAvlPosted 9/22/2008 1:40:11 PM
yeah I'm pretty sure the brick building is plugh and the white one is xyzzy.

I've got it saved in my quest log but I'm too lazy to check. But I'm nearly 90% sure.

fine I'll log in and check...

copy/pasted from my quest log:

small brick building- plugh
small white house- xyzzy
plover- bird
yoho- ship in a bottle

Yep I was right.
---
Hey kiddies