Love/Hate Ending (obvious spoilers)

#11BodeciaBustPosted 1/14/2013 5:32:21 PM
LastBatallion posted...
And not to be "That Guy", but quite a good bunch of noir ended in a somewhat happy ending. Well, bittersweet, to be exact: Dick Gumshoe rolled up all the crooks, but he didn't get the girl or failed to do something that cost the girl her life, and as he stared on as every single one of the crooks getting carted into either a police van or a meat wagon, he lit up a smoke, makes some quips about how "People = Excrement", and walked and vanished into a smokey alley.

I guess that was the kind of ending I was expecting, but I'll take what I can get.

With movies at least, endings were forcibly changed by The Man because he didn't want them to end unhappily.
---
Made you look.
#12JINJ0Posted 2/14/2013 3:34:44 PM
If only Biggs had brought along a triple braid rope... *shakes head*

Anyway, while I didn't hate the ending, it did have the intended effect of leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Roy's eulogy was just evil and manipulative, and Elsa said it best: "You belittle his memory!"
---
../--~~,~~--,:~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....
#13Omni_PhoenixPosted 2/26/2013 8:14:14 PM
I have to admit when I first started playing this game about a year ago I was one who hated the ending. I played a second round and found it not so bad since I knew what was coming.

I came back to LA Noire after picking up the complete edition. Since then I've learned a few things and now it seems that the story might be an allegory of sorts, and now it makes a little bit more sense.From the clues I keep picking up in almost every case, this is quite a "Mystic Tale".
#14JINJ0Posted 2/27/2013 1:11:30 PM
Yeah, with all the background talk of big changes coming to the police department coupled with historical insight, you can get the idea that although Phelps is screwed over by corrupt officials, Roy and the rest of the trash get their royal comeuppance over the next decade or so. That information is so subtle and unrelated to the story as presented in the game, though, so most people aren't even aware.
---
#15BlackRose203Posted 3/2/2013 5:23:56 PM(edited)
I don't care what you say the ending to both the major stories in this game sucked ass. At the end I felt like I just wasted a lot of time and money. Sure you solve the black dahlia case but then all the other people you caught before then get off scott free and you get none of the credit. If anything you get demoted... Then when you solve the final case you end up dead and the majority of the bad guys get away with their crime. That's BS! I don't play games to feel like a loser! You play games to feel like you accomplished something in the end. In the end of this game no matter what you do. Wither you answer every question right and arrest all the right people or get everything wrong and arrest all the wrong people. In the end you are still a loser and you're whole carrier amounted to nothing.
---
Windows 7 - 64 bit, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, i7 920, 1TB HD, 1920 x 1080 22" , x2 SLI GTX 560, and a 1'000w PSU
#16JINJ0Posted 3/3/2013 6:29:12 AM
That's absurd. Phelps put a lot of bad people away during his brief tenure in the LAPD, even looking past the Black Dahlia case. He was so efficient the LAPD promoted him to the homicide desk within 7 months of becoming a detective, and later was transferred (not a demotion!) to the vice desk. Those are incredible accomplishments. So what if he died? Everyone does. I will die. You will die. Everyone who's ever lived is going to die. That's life, or rather life's finale. It could happen today, tomorrow, several years from now, or five seconds from now. What's important is what you do with the time you have, and I'd say Phelps, despite his ups-and-downs, was a helluva cop and had plenty to be proud of.
---
#17Omni_PhoenixPosted 3/19/2013 8:21:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#18_Undying_Posted 4/11/2013 9:01:34 PM
I'm fine with him dying, but i kinda wish it was to more than growling sewer water.
---
What the hell is a "Bacchikoi"?
This sig is really old.
#19The_Milk_Man13Posted 5/1/2013 7:18:29 PM
I liked the the ending. Cole's death right after his guilty conscious is revealed was sort of like his redemption for his mistakes during the War. It was quick but left an impression. I'm always fond of endings where the main character dies, and unlike with Red Dead I wasn't spoiled before reaching this one, so that made it all the better.

The one thing I DIDN;T like about the ending was that massive ass **** Roy giving the eulogy. I hated that guy since the moment I met him, and I even quit playing the game for quite a while once I was forced to partner up with him. WHole time I was hoping Jack would stand up with evidence of his corruption and throw him behind bars...

And I've also decided that I don't care much for Sheldon. Thought he was an idiot at first, then grew bitter with him during the end of Vice, and straight up hated him after the End Credits Cut scene.

All in all, Cole's death was good and the rest of the ending left a sour taste in my mouth,, but I enjoyed it and think it's a hell of a lot better then most endings to games these days. I give it a 7/10.
---
It's as though I know every combo in the video game but they keep pressing the A button!
http://tiny.cc/utu2vw bit.ly/mQDTtB
#20GreenTreeClubPosted 5/14/2013 2:00:51 AM
Just finished it, and the ending is pretty realistic IMO. That's how the real world works. You think people like Obama and Rahm Emmanuel get into power by accident? Nope
---
TC of the first and second 500 post topics in the history of Advice (Board #295)