Love/Hate Ending (obvious spoilers)

#21Flub-A-DubPosted 5/19/2013 7:06:59 AM
GreenTreeClub posted...
Just finished it, and the ending is pretty realistic IMO. That's how the real world works. You think people like Obama and Rahm Emmanuel get into power by accident? Nope

What is a person like Obama?
---
http://i.picasion.com/pic52/73c455f506b63bc97edbe44d937724f2.gif
#22silly_sausagePosted 5/19/2013 4:41:03 PM
Flub-A-Dub posted...
GreenTreeClub posted...
Just finished it, and the ending is pretty realistic IMO. That's how the real world works. You think people like Obama and Rahm Emmanuel get into power by accident? Nope

Don't take the bait, just leave it.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#23Flub-A-DubPosted 5/20/2013 5:57:36 PM
silly_sausage posted...
Flub-A-Dub posted...
GreenTreeClub posted...

Don't take the bait, just leave it.

It's only bait if you make a big deal out of it, so don't worry.
---
http://i.picasion.com/pic52/73c455f506b63bc97edbe44d937724f2.gif
#24drclaeysPosted 5/22/2013 4:56:01 AM
Friends,

( spoilers )

This: I'm fine with him dying, but i kinda wish it was to more than growling sewer water.

it seemed like I was through so much. I was shot at 100+ times. lots of car chases. The war.

You start out really liking this guy, its squeaky clean. By all the war movies you see, and that hes cheating on this wife, by the end, you feel kind of let down.

Still a well done and well made game.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
13.1 mile (21 KM ) half marathon on May 5th. Finished 3:24 Minutes
#25Sol4688Posted 5/23/2013 1:48:04 PM
The_Milk_Man13 posted...
I liked the the ending. Cole's death right after his guilty conscious is revealed was sort of like his redemption for his mistakes during the War. It was quick but left an impression. I'm always fond of endings where the main character dies, and unlike with Red Dead I wasn't spoiled before reaching this one, so that made it all the better.

The one thing I DIDN;T like about the ending was that massive ass **** Roy giving the eulogy. I hated that guy since the moment I met him, and I even quit playing the game for quite a while once I was forced to partner up with him. WHole time I was hoping Jack would stand up with evidence of his corruption and throw him behind bars...

And I've also decided that I don't care much for Sheldon. Thought he was an idiot at first, then grew bitter with him during the end of Vice, and straight up hated him after the End Credits Cut scene.

All in all, Cole's death was good and the rest of the ending left a sour taste in my mouth,, but I enjoyed it and think it's a hell of a lot better then most endings to games these days. I give it a 7/10.

But that was the whole point of the ending!! It's all the smug and corrupt jerks who are doing all the talking at the funeral, while Cole's REAL friends and people who had his back either chose not to show up or couldn't stomach the funeral for long and leave.

It's beautiful in its own way.
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#26radishsonPosted 6/2/2013 6:31:48 AM
I thought the ending was great, even though the setup (sewer, Elsa's 'kidnapping', etc) was a bit forced.

As for Cole's death, it was definitely not what I was hoping for but in retrospection I don't see how it could've ended any other way. Cole's story arc had nowhere left to go - he was a broken man, estranged by his coworkers/friends and hanging on only through Elsa's support and the dire conspiracy situation. There was nothing else for him to live for anymore, and nowhere left for his character to develop or change meaningfully.

But most of all, I think his death fit the theme of both his character arc and noir at large. We can never chase people away from corruption and greed forever -- all we can do is confront our own personal demons as best we can and hope to die in peace.
#27GreenTreeClubPosted 6/6/2013 12:18:50 PM
Flub-A-Dub posted...

A statist control freak, puppet of the globalist banksters at Bilderberg (Obama was given the nomination at Biderberg, he went there secretly, if you remember when Gibbs sequestered the reporters on an airplane, Obama was at Bilderberg).
---
TC of the first and second 500 post topics in the history of Advice (Board #295)
#28TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 6/6/2013 9:05:16 PM
GreenTreeClub posted...
Flub-A-Dub posted...

A statist control freak, puppet of the globalist banksters at Bilderberg (Obama was given the nomination at Biderberg, he went there secretly, if you remember when Gibbs sequestered the reporters on an airplane, Obama was at Bilderberg).

Woah, where did you find all this out?
---
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.
#29neversayeverPosted 6/14/2013 10:41:46 PM
The best part about the ending was that Kelso was down for Phelps til the end ironically when everyone in the game during cutscenes and gameplay was constantly blasting him for being an infidel. The dlc makes it better because of implementation. Better than hollywood writing/acting and smooth interface. More class than most games out. Not for the easily offended.
#30MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/15/2013 3:58:46 PM
I felt that near the end the story got REALLY wishy-washy, especially concerning the random character switch. Also, I was very confused around the end of the Vice section, because apparently I missed some integral plot point because I had no idea why Cole got demoted.

I felt the last level was sort of forced and didn't play well with the rest of the plot. Also, the "villian" of the story wasn't established NEARLY early enough for me to actually develop anger towards him, so Cole dying because of it felt really shallow to me.

But the game is great and the sandbox part of killing people "for the juzticez" was enjoyable.

---
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T