While I am waiting for GTA5 !

#11TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 6/15/2013 4:02:53 PM
neversayever posted...
I think what they are trying to say is that if gta5 is anything like LA NOIRE, it will be raising the bar in the industry once again.

How could GTA be anything like LA Noire? One's a sandbox crimefest, the other's basically a point-and-click/investigation game.
---
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.
#12MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/5/2013 5:29:11 PM
buMP!
---
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
#13kanto_wandererPosted 7/12/2013 3:34:05 PM
TrulyEpicLawls posted...
LeadPipeCinche posted...
Eedrah posted...
vivalatour posted...
Hey Guys , just had to get the feeling of a more recent R* game to try and visualize how far R* has come and just knowing what they can actually do is driving me crazy ! the shine the design the story and the control schemes have become my ever lasting passion for this company , these guys are very special ! I just have to find a way through 7 more long months ! my HOPE is GTA5 WILL be RELEASED SEPT 17TH 2013 !!!!!!!!

This game was developed by Team Bondi, R* merely published it...

and some of the people who are "team bondi" are also the same people who worked on the GTA series. sam and cole houser (the minds behind GTA) both worked on LAN.

I await your proof.

Rockstar invested a lot of time and manpower into getting the game completed. While it may have always been Bondi's project first and foremost, there's enough of R*'s creative talents evident in the game design to make it as much belonging to both developers. That said, I prefer Max Payne 3's neo-noir approach any day to the plodding detective work of LA Noire, but I still applaud them for their efforts.
---
3DS FC: 5026 - 4693 - 4594
#14BodeciaBustPosted 7/15/2013 11:29:05 AM
kanto_wanderer posted...
TrulyEpicLawls posted...
LeadPipeCinche posted...
Eedrah posted...
vivalatour posted...
Hey Guys , just had to get the feeling of a more recent R* game to try and visualize how far R* has come and just knowing what they can actually do is driving me crazy ! the shine the design the story and the control schemes have become my ever lasting passion for this company , these guys are very special ! I just have to find a way through 7 more long months ! my HOPE is GTA5 WILL be RELEASED SEPT 17TH 2013 !!!!!!!!

This game was developed by Team Bondi, R* merely published it...

and some of the people who are "team bondi" are also the same people who worked on the GTA series. sam and cole houser (the minds behind GTA) both worked on LAN.

I await your proof.

Rockstar invested a lot of time and manpower into getting the game completed. While it may have always been Bondi's project first and foremost, there's enough of R*'s creative talents evident in the game design to make it as much belonging to both developers. That said, I prefer Max Payne 3's neo-noir approach any day to the plodding detective work of LA Noire, but I still applaud them for their efforts.

He asked for proof. All you're doing is making things up and guessing, considering that many of us here are aware of the game's development (and how truly wonderful it was...)
---
Made you look.
#15kanto_wandererPosted 7/15/2013 3:52:47 PM
BodeciaBust posted...
He asked for proof. All you're doing is making things up and guessing, considering that many of us here are aware of the game's development (and how truly wonderful it was...)

What am I making up or guessing about? The fact that the open-world design resembles GTAIV or that R* assisted Team Bondi with the development to get the game to store shelves? Neither of those is false. I'm not saying that Team Bondi didn't carry at least four-fifths of the game through its development hell, but I don't know why anyone would deny that R* contributed some technical expertise.
---
#16MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/15/2013 3:54:40 PM
Because you haven't even TRIED to give proof.
---
#17kanto_wandererPosted 7/15/2013 10:44:32 PM
Here's a quote from Brendan McNamara that I just dug up. About all the proof I'm willing to give to back my statements. I never said this wasn't a Team Bondi game first and foremost, only that R* contributed their talent to helping complete the development:

"Well Rockstar is a couple-of-thousand-people type of organization, so when we did things like motion capture, they brought a lot of tech to clean it up because we had more than probably any other game ever made, including GTA4 and things like that. That stuff ended up being a phenomenal amount of work, and we had animators from Rockstar North come out here and churn through that stuff with our guys here. We had a key gameplay group from Rockstar North that came and helped us out with tweaking things like cameras, basic controls, and all that kind of stuff -- just make it feel as smooth and comfortable on a lot of really basic levels. Team Bondi made the game and we designed it. People have been at it for this long, so... [Laughs] We absolutely appreciate the help, and we think it's made the game a much better game, but we're pretty proud of what we did as well."
---
#18MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/16/2013 5:05:52 AM
kanto_wanderer posted...
Here's a quote from Brendan McNamara that I just dug up

That mean jack s*** when you don't have a link.
---
#19kanto_wandererPosted 7/16/2013 8:07:34 AM
Do I care what you think? Not really. I gave you evidence. If you want to dispute it, then you go out and prove that I'm lying, since I clearly have nothing better to do with my time than self-quote game developers to prove whatever menial point I may have had.
---
#20BodeciaBustPosted 7/16/2013 11:56:41 AM
Thanks for the proof, but...

kanto_wanderer posted...
Do I care what you think?

Yes. Clearly. Why pretend otherwise? Not a good tactic.
---
Made you look.