Failed update patch

#1KtrazePosted 5/1/2013 1:57:27 PM
Downloaded the game and installed it, but when it goes to the "Ragnarok2 Updater" bar it fails and i get an error: Failed Update patch

Is there something im doing wrong?
#2PaullPosted 5/1/2013 2:44:43 PM(edited)
I have the same issue.

There's several posts on the official forums about it as well: http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/111674-error-while-patching/

edit: A fix mentioned in the post above worked for me. Try running the client in Windows XP compatability mode. Doesn't work for everyone, though.
#3NiftyManZPosted 5/1/2013 2:53:39 PM
Follow These Instructions:

1. Open the RO2 Folder
2. Find MD5FileList.txt_tmp and delete it (I didn't have this file originally, but after the fix i do)
3. Open MD5FileList.txt and delete all the text in it and save (I created a copy of the file on my desktop incase it didn't work)
4. Right click on MD5FileList.txt, go to properties, and check off "read only"

You should be able to patch now!
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#4NiftyManZPosted 5/1/2013 4:15:23 PM
For step 2, if you dont have the _tp file, just go to step 3.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#5RabillionPosted 5/1/2013 11:31:14 PM
Instructions worked. Thanks for the help.
#6ChiYeonPosted 5/1/2013 11:47:37 PM
NiftyManZ posted...

1. Open the RO2 Folder
2. Find MD5FileList.txt_tmp and delete it (I didn't have this file originally, but after the fix i do)
3. Open MD5FileList.txt and delete all the text in it and save (I created a copy of the file on my desktop incase it didn't work)

I love you.

how about :
_AhnHS_HSUpdateEx Error Code= 30000030
---
---
Over and Out.
#7NiftyManZPosted 5/2/2013 3:43:44 AM
Not sure. :-/
---
#8RagnawindPosted 5/2/2013 2:20:29 PM
NiftyManZ posted...

1. Open the RO2 Folder

I love you.

how about :
_AhnHS_HSUpdateEx Error Code= 30000030

That was fixed shortly after you posted. It was a server-side problem that took Gravity about 3-4 hours to fix