The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

War Portal Launcher

#1Anodyne11Posted 5/2/2013 5:26:38 AM(edited)
Is there any way to skip this? It's asking me to create an account and I have no option that lets me skip it.
I either create an account or click cancel which closes the game.

Also, no matter what I put it always says that the account name is either taken (it only says this if it matches my account names from RO1) or that it's invalid.

Edit: typo in title. Warp* Portal Launcher
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#2HaloODSTDPosted 5/2/2013 6:26:38 AM
register on playragnarok2.com (i think that's the site, w/e the official site is called), there's a register button on the right of the screen
---
XBL: Jessica Jung xo
ASUS K55N I 1.9 GHz AMD A-Series Quad-Core A8 I 4 GB DDR3 I 500GB HDD I ATI HD 7640G
#3Anodyne11(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 6:54:46 AM(edited)
Yeah that's the site. It's down right now for registering (or it is for me at least)
I already have a warp portal account but I constantly get errors when adding a RO2 account.

My main issue is with the client though. It automatically goes to the create new account window and has no options to skip it. I can't even get to the login window.
My only option is to create an account which I don't need.

The error I got when adding an RO2 account is
There was a problem communicating with the server.
Please try again later or contact customer support for help.

Decided to look around in the folders (I installed via steam) and found "RO2Client" which I'm running now. For some reason Steam doesn't run that when you hit play.
At least that works. Now just gotta wait for account creation to work again.
---
#4Laser Shooting SantaPosted 5/2/2013 12:15:58 PM
I'm in the same problem as you are, trying to boot from steam forces me to create an account. Only problem is I already had an account from when they ran the first beta a couple weeks ago.

I already have an account but it still is asking me to register one now that I am trying to connect via Steam. There is no button for Login anywhere. just Register or Cancel.
#5charlton3kPosted 5/3/2013 2:08:19 AM
Hah same here, got an account but it keeps asking me to create one and will not skip :/
---
Craphex
#6Anodyne11(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 10:10:11 AM
I've got it sorted for myself. Clicking "play" is worthless so I'm hoping they fix it.
Go to where steam is installed and find RO2. Make a shortcut to the file "RO2Client" and just run using that. It won't say on steam that you're playing but it's the only way that works. (that I've found)

If you want steam to say you're playing, click the play button as well as doing that (but the account creation thing will stay in the background)
---
#7RenzokukenexePosted 5/3/2013 10:49:28 AM
The game sucks, but if you really must play it.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ragnarok Online 2

Run RO2Client.exe

That'll take you straight to the updater then in to the main launcher, bypassing the create an account screen.
#8charlton3kPosted 5/4/2013 2:20:26 AM
Yeah once you have ran it from within the folder, it updates, and then you can run it fine from steam again.
---
Craphex