This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

y are people so ignorant

#1drsuess00Posted 1/19/2008 7:45:04 PM
why is it u kill a bunch of spanish people no one says a word of the game even being a HINT racist. but u kill a few african people and its racist?
#2pizzasmugglerPosted 1/19/2008 8:30:21 PM
Because a white person killing a black person is sadly still a very touchy issue.
---
Not changing this sig til my life takes a turn for the better. 12/28/07
#3PowerDukeJimmy2Posted 1/19/2008 9:31:53 PM
Its only touchy b/c most of the time black people make it touchy. I'm sick of hearing people make excuses, oh well black people used to be slaves. I don't know if people making these statements have been caught up to date, but when was the last time slavery was allowed in Michigan? Black people that complain about slavery today need to grow up, they weren't put through the horrible experience that there ancestors might have gone through, and yet some think they know all about slavery.

Obviously a LOT of white people were horrible back in the day, but had nothing to do with racism, I had nothing to do with it, and I'm getting sick of people labeling this game as being bad. That is why on some of these topics talking about racism you will see racist remarks back, b/c it is absolutely pathetic.

---
Playing(GCN): Resident Evil, Resident Evil Zero
#4Koag95Posted 1/20/2008 4:19:12 AM
I made a topic about this awhile ago. (I'm suprised it didn't get flamed really badly) There is always someone who complains about that smallest thing. Also some people take it way overboard. I'm not saying you should go saying the N word to everybody or on TV or something like that.
---
"Itchy Tasty" I hope someone understands this reference. :)
#5Koag95Posted 1/20/2008 4:25:22 AM
Also people only complain about big things. Which game got more controversy? Grand Theft Auto (excluding hot coffee) or Saint's Row? Saint's Row had MANY MANY sexual references. There were side missions where you drive two people having sex saying very explicit things. You didn't see that being criticized as much as Grand Theft Auto. Resident Evil is big and people will only complain about this.

Now IF Chris started saying the N word as much as kids do in Saint's Row online you'd have racist developers.
---
"Itchy Tasty" I hope someone understands this reference. :)
#6Length_Of_LovePosted 1/20/2008 8:05:32 AM
Its only touchy b/c most of the time black people make it touchy. I'm sick of hearing people make excuses, oh well black people used to be slaves. I don't know if people making these statements have been caught up to date, but when was the last time slavery was allowed in Michigan? Black people that complain about slavery today need to grow up, they weren't put through the horrible experience that there ancestors might have gone through, and yet some think they know all about slavery.

Well, without being to antangonizing, let's put it this way. You have a country America, who exploited, kidnapped, beat, oppressed a group of people solely based on the color of thier skin and enslaved them for years to come. Eventually, when the people from another continent, Africa, began to rise and grow within their confines, slave owners conspired together to kill the "smartest" slaves they had, so only the most physically competent would have kids. Without having "smart" slaves, they wouldn't worry about mutiny only the well bodied mating together.

So lets just say after the emancipation, after enslaving, killing them for years Americans say, "Sorry but well, don't be angry, ok?" Let's just not let you into our schools or public housing then try to be philanthropic MANY years later by instilling project houses and insulting "restitutions" for the past. And still have strong racial prejiduce for over more than 100 years and continuing. Anyone who says racism is dead and that people need to grow up are a bit blind to contemporary issues still pressing.

But I don't think any hate can be justified, regardless of the color of your skin. But to say that maybe a contemporary person of African descent has nothing to complain about in regards to segregation/slavery, I would say don't be so quick to assume. Segregation only "offically" ended in the 60's, and there are still places in the deep South with signs such as "whites/coloreds". I agree with the come together mentality, but to invalidate a person's experience on assumption is ignorance.
---
& i feel like/some bird of paradise/my bad fortune/slipping away
& i feel the/innocence of a child/everybody's got something good to say
#7tigerex777Posted 1/20/2008 8:41:08 AM
I like your attitude Jimmy, you must be some 12 years old kid who just needs to grow a little more and really see what's going on around the world. And slavery happened less then 200 years ago, that's barely 2 generations. 200 years compared to other countries' history is baby years. Korea has over 4000 years of history, America is just the new kid on the block wake up kid. Though slavery ended a little past the civil war racism or segregation still existed for a long as time; that was only like 40-50 years ago and you tell black people to suck it up and stop whining? yeah great attitude kid. The least anyone can say, especially a white person even though you think you are not related to any of those slave owners is, that you feel bad it happened and we should all do our best to prevent such a thing happening again. You think they're whining, but when you grow up little Jimmy you will see that in real life racism is still going strong, it's just that you're too young to see it now. i hope for your own sake your nasty attitude changes some day.
---
Currently Playing: WH:DC (PC), VP2 (PS2), ToA (PS2)
#8RagingDemonPosted 1/20/2008 9:21:34 AM
You have a country America, who exploited, kidnapped, beat, oppressed a group of people solely based on the color of thier skin and enslaved them for years to come

They were using the American Indians until a Catholic Bishop (name escapes me) suggested to use the people of Africa. I think the hate of the black community is a little misplaced. Maybe they should hate Catholics instead of all white people.

Anyone who says racism is dead and that people need to grow up are a bit blind to contemporary issues still pressing.

Keep in mind that the racism you're talking about is mostly upper class whites against lower class blacks, in terms of SES. As a white man, I have no problem with blacks, but I don't have any black friends. It's not because I discriminate against them, but rather that they discriminate agains me. If I don't look down on them, why should they hold a grudge against me for something that MAYBE ONE of my ancestors may have done.

So lets just say after the emancipation, after enslaving, killing them for years Americans say, "Sorry but well, don't be angry, ok?"

Let's just completely disregard the entire war that was fought over this and how many Americans died horribly to ALLOW that emancipation.

And slavery happened less then 200 years ago, that's barely 2 generations.

That means that nobody alive today was ever a slave, and that very very few people alive today ever KNEW a person that was a slave. 200 years is a long time in human life, and that's what we're dealing with here, not comparing historical wang sizes with foreign countries.

Though slavery ended a little past the civil war racism or segregation still existed for a long as time; that was only like 40-50 years ago and you tell black people to suck it up and stop whining? yeah great attitude kid.

It's a better attitude than clutching on to the past and using it as an excuse for their own unjust actions. Naturally, this only applies to a small part of the black community, but you get the point.

I'm not saying they need to quit their whining, but it would certainly be a better use of their energy to move forward than to dig up old wounds. Plus, if they hate the way they think they're being treated in America, it's within their rights to leave, nothing's stopping them.
---
"Guns don't kill people.... but they sure do help." Paul Giamati - Shoot 'em up.
#9MagickMedicinePosted 1/20/2008 9:46:21 AM
Well, without being to antangonizing, let's put it this way. You have a country America, who exploited, kidnapped, beat, oppressed a group of people solely based on the color of thier skin and enslaved them for years to come. Eventually, when the people from another continent, Africa, began to rise and grow within their confines, slave owners conspired together to kill the "smartest" slaves they had, so only the most physically competent would have kids. Without having "smart" slaves, they wouldn't worry about mutiny only the well bodied mating together.
~

Africans sold other Africans to Americans & Europeans. Funny nobody ever blames any black person for this, but they're so quick to point fingers at white people. Regardless, nobody alive now experienced any of that, they've only heard about it. By the way...

You realize black people weren't the only people in this world to be enslaved, right? That there are both black & *gasp* white slaves today?(among others) The crimes committed were horrible; but murder, rape, slavery & torture are not exclusive to black people.

So lets just say after the emancipation, after enslaving, killing them for years Americans say, "Sorry but well, don't be angry, ok?" Let's just not let you into our schools or public housing then try to be philanthropic MANY years later by instilling project houses and insulting "restitutions" for the past. And still have strong racial prejiduce for over more than 100 years and continuing. Anyone who says racism is dead and that people need to grow up are a bit blind to contemporary issues still pressing.
~

And that's the problem. Morons can't tell the difference between the dead Americans who were running slaves 200 years ago, and the Americans alive today.

If people really thought racism was an issue they wouldn't segregate themselves, or accuse the younger generations of crimes committed hundreds of years ago. They wouldn't go looking for pity either, they'd get off their asses & do something that's actually productive.

Hint: Crying about fake black Africans dying in a video game is not productive.

If you want to see what a real abundance of racism looks like, take a plane to Africa, or look at the problems stemming from current immigration.(But make sure you ignore all immigration in the past, we don't want people to know this happens to white people too)

But I don't think any hate can be justified, regardless of the color of your skin. But to say that maybe a contemporary person of African descent has nothing to complain about in regards to segregation/slavery, I would say don't be so quick to assume. Segregation only "offically" ended in the 60's, and there are still places in the deep South with signs such as "whites/coloreds". I agree with the come together mentality, but to invalidate a person's experience on assumption is ignorance.
~

The people who complain the most have experienced the least. When you've actually experienced something so severe, you generally won't be so prone to drawing attention to yourself over small things.

Some Guy: A lot of nothing worth reading.
~

You just need to not talk, ever.
#10johnwillfinditPosted 1/20/2008 10:24:39 AM
hey drsuess how about next time you look around the board before you make another retarded RE5 is not racist topic? huh?